Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just for fishing fun

This car has been in my family since 1926. It had not moved since 1969 and I picked it up last spring and have gotten somewhat road worthy over the summer. The engine is now apart and being rebuilt.

Grandpa built a boat carrier, in the 30's, after the car was rolled, and when pulled out the slough, the roof was left in the slough. I have the tire chains from the 1930 trip to Siebert Lake.

I am on the lookout for a 1920's / 1930's fishing boat. It would be long and narrow and powered by oars.

Ice Fishing

Reconditioning for road worthiness Summer 2008
2008 refurbishment start

Where Are You From? www.bcsaggregates.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Grandpa's 1926 Star Touring

Re: Just for fishing fun

Wow
I was amazed with your picture. But the Seibert Lake you refer to.Is it North East of Bonnyville Alberta Canada.
Lawrence

Do You own a car built by Durant? D65

Re: Just for fishing fun

Yes Lawrence you have the right Siebert Lake. This car was originally sold in St. Paul Alberta and lived there till last spring when I brought it up to Peace River.

Where Are You From? www.bcsaggregates.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Grandpa's 1926 Star Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club