Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1927 RUGBY - Color Schemes

Dear friends,

I've been thinking that the body of my rugby would have originally a color scheme like with reveal and belt rail along the sides.
If you look closely along the car, there is a line passing by the upper part of each door and then going around the car until the hood.
Would any of you give me any suggestion of an original color scheme top match this blue colour the car has already?

I am attaching a thumbnail pic so that you can have a look. You have to click on it to see the picture in full size.

Thank you in advance,

Dib Franciss

1927 Rugby

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a 1927 Rugby, model M

Re: 1927 RUGBY - Color Schemes

Back in 8th grade art class we learned about complimentary colours. For blue, it would be orange. On your car I would think a very expertly applied, more-or-less pale orange pinstripe,(not tape) about 3/32" wide from the radiator shell, all the way around and back again would look good, and would match your wheel spokes and the door handles. This would be on the crown of the lower reveal. I wouldn't overdo it. I don't think you need one on the upper reveal. Add it later if you think it helps.
I remember old trucks had creme striping, regardless of body colour, so that might not be bad either. Match your top material.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: 1927 RUGBY - Color Schemes

Dear partner,

Thank you so much for your considerations. I will try to figure it out...
The idea of the creme pleases me more than the orange.
Today I downloaded interesting colour schemes from google that would be an option. I will try to study and mature a final decision.
I thought a good match would be a combination of a blue lighter than the turquoise of the car, and 2 thin lines of creme. What do you think?

I would be very glad grateful to hear opinions of other Durant partners about this very interesting subject, the color schemes for this kind of body.
If you have pics of cars which would be a source for this matter, please share them with me. My email is dibfranciss@hotmail.com

Thank you once more,

Hugs from Brazil,

Dib Franciss

PS Next week the car will be arriving here!! That's the reason I am so excited for ideas about the colour scheme.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a 1927 Rugby, model M

The Durant Motors Automobile Club