Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grease Fittings - Again

The grease fittings I am looking for are DOT system with Acme thread which were made by Carr Fastener Co. starting in 1923.
These are NOT Amelite Pin Types
I have posted a picture and part of article from Durant Partner Nov 2002 at http://s725.photobucket.com/albums/ww257/bcswlds/?action=view¤t=DotFitting_AcmeThread.jpg

Would appreciate finding NEW or USED ones.
Guy

Where Are You From? www.bcsaggregates.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Grandpa's 1926 Star Touring

Re: Grease Fittings - Again

Sounds to me someone changed the grease fittings sometime in the past. You usually see Amelite grease fittings on the Durants.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Hi All.....

My 1926 Star M touring, made in Canada, has those grease fittings with the acme threads...

Frank

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Acme Gear and Screw was a Company in Toronto and they supplied small parts to Durant. My Frontenac has several gears that are stamped "Acme"

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Dear Durant Friends:

The late model Stanley Steam Cars also used the DOT grease fittings with the ACME thread. I am looking for the caps to help restore my 1925 Stanley Steam Car.

Has anyone reproduced these caps?

Has anyone done any research on the cars that used these Carr Fastener DOT grease fittings? Someone told me that Stutz used them, but I have not confirmed this.

If someone set up to reproduce the caps (there are two sizes) would Durant owners be interested in acquiring any?

I have photos to upload if necessary.

Thanks very much.

Don Hoke
(972) 955-7614
Dallas, TX

Where Are You From? Dallas, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? I own several 1925 and 1924 Stanley Steam Cars

The Durant Motors Automobile Club