Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wiring harness location

What side does the harness attach to?? I think the drivers side but want to be sure before I put it in . That will happen in the next couple of weeks. Also--what is the best way to do it?--start at the front or rear--or go thru the firewall and work both ways? I am a rank amateur at this rebuild business so need all the help I can get. I have a mechanic friend that is an expert at wiring and he owes me big time so he will do the job. I just want to be able to tell him what I want. Any info will be a big help.
Thanks
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: wiring harness location

I should mention --I have a good new harness that was made by a good friend --he is a perfectionist so it is a real work of art. Has all the old type of wire and a good loom on it as well. Every wire is marked as to what it goes to . I should be able to do it myself but this mechanic owes me so why not ??
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: wiring harness location

Ken .. the harness goes on the right side which is the left, right ?
Serious though it does go drivers side. We covered this before when you asked, must be lack of oxygen up in the hills out there.
Norm

wiring

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club