Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dash Cluster

Last phase of completion on 29 Durant Model 60. My dash cluster with the crinkle finish had a silver mat finish. I understand a lot of the Durant cluster were gold. Could anyone educate me on which was more common or which models had the different finishes. Also I just purchased the woodgraining plates to re-finish the wood grain finish, wish me luck!!

Dennis Comer

Re: Dash Cluster

Dennis,

Silver or Gold, I'm not sure is more common but I've seen both. The dash in my model 60 came with a gold wrinkle finish.

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D60 Roadster

I am not sure of the pre 1930 models, but in Canada it seemed to me that the post 1930 cars - Durant were gold coloured and the Frontenac was Silver coloured. I also understand that the bright work (interior) of the Frontenac was Platinum plated, not Chrome plated. I seem to recall seeing that in print.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

My 29 Model 66 had silver. I painted it with black wrinkle finish paint then after it dried thoroughly I dusted it with silver.

Dave

The Durant Motors Automobile Club