Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wheel bearings

Does anyone have the correct part numbers for front and rear wheel bearings for a 1926 Star Touring, model F? I will also need numbers for the races.

Thanks in advance.
Gary

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Touring and a 1925 Star Touring Parts car that we are trying to put together.

Re: Wheel bearings

My Timkin Book lists Part numbers for 1922,23,25 and 28 but skips the year you need, but the numbers will be stamped on the bearings and the races, that will be the safest way to make sure you get the right one. Most if not all of the bearing should be avalabile from a bearing house or a good auto parts store, using those number.

I think the bearings were changed in the past with bearings and races that don't have any numbers stamped on them and really don't fit quite right either. I still need the right numbers.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Touring and a 1925 Star Touring Parts car that we are trying to put together.

Gary, All Stars use the same Timken front wheel bearings.
Inner Bearing: 141189 Race: 14274
Outer Bearing: 09074 Race: 09194

All are still available from your local bearing store.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

Thanks Don I will check again tomorrow, maybe the will find them now with the numbers.

Gary, On that inner bearing part number, it is 14118, not 141189.

Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

Thanks, I got the correction.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club