Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seattle Wash is more North than Canada?

Question,
What 3 Canadian cities are further South than Seattle Washington?

Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver or Montreal?

Most US citizens do not know!!! Not fair getting out a Map! Probably too easy for my Canadian friends.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Re: Seattle Wash is more North than Canada?

Canada's Capital is sure one, if you know what our Capital is and most US don't. Yep only one of your 4 is above the 49th.

You watch Trivial Pursuit ? Nice to learn we have 7 provinces and Toronto is in Quebec. Wonder where the other 3 provinces went to and when they moved Toronto ?

Learn all sorts of new things about us on that program as well and that's two recent one's.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

They are all farther south except for Vancouver.

Are you smarter than a 5th grader? .....

Norm,
Yup...Most people in the lower 48 forget about Novia Scotia, New Foundland, New Brunswick and finally Prince Edward Island.

A lot can't name the Territories either.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Oh well up here in the land of ice and snow all year round with penguins everywhere being eaten by ploar bears. Another misnomer as penquins are south pole.

Its - 32 C presently with wind chill - 37 C. Guess I'll have to change from shorts to long pants. Should have heard the van yesterday when I turned it on. Lots of vehicles not starting and police warning folks about black ice on the roads and quite a few accidents because of it.

I hear Fla is cold also. So much for global warming this winter.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Not many people know that Point Pelee in southern Ontario is farther south than Northern California!!
Not every car forum where you can learn Geography.
Now when it comes to learning spelling - How did you learn how to spell difficult words -
GEOGRAPHY - George Elliotts old grandfather rode a pig home yesterday.
ARITHMETIC - A red Indian thought he might eat tobacco in church.

THE PLANETS -Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Pluto We remembered them as : Man very early made jars stand up nearly perpendicularly

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

You easterners are to far ahead of us poor boys from the west. By the time I get out of bed at 6:45 the answers are all here. Didnt even get a chance to show how smart I was. ha ha ha . Another one Gord -this is a surveyor trick .Some ogres have culy auburn hair till old age . (sine opposite hypotenuse,cosine adjacent hypotenuse, tanjent opposite adjacent, helps you remember your triangle for math.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

I was out in Anacortes, Washington and found that you go South to get to Vancouver Island.

Minneapolis St. Paul are also North of Southern Ontario, but Western Ontario is North of the northmost part of Minnesota. And for the record, Minnesota is the only state (except Alaska) that extends north of 49th parallel.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

cdmn
I am doubtfull about any part of minnesota extending north of the 49th --except maybe a small portion near Lake Of the Woods. A very small piece against the Manitoba border No access except by boat by the look of the map. I think the Canadian govt should buy the piece --no use to you americans anyway --ha ha ha
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

What country is straight south of Detroit?

This winter, and most of the others, the ice on Lake of the Woods is so thick you can probably ski, ride horses, snowmobile, maybe even drive a truck across it. By treaty the border from Lake Superior was supposed to end at the most northwest part of Lake of the Woods, and then straight west to the Mississippi River. But it missed. Then, at a later point, the 49th parallel was agreed to, but it didn't match up with the other treaty, so they drew a line straight south from the NW point to intersect the 49th parallel and all the treaty makers were happy. Could have gone the other way, but that would have meant cutting off the fur-trappers' route, I guess.

What country is straight south of Detroit?

Put me down for Cuba.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Roadster

OK, you trivia buffs: How many US states have points that are north of the southernmost point of Canada? Check the latitudes - you will find that half the states are so.
Another geographic trivia bit: North Texas is closer to Minneapolis than it is to Brownsville.

Twenty-seven of the fifty U.S. states have land north of Canada's southernmost point - Middle Island, Ontario.
The states include Alaska, California, Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

The country directly south of Detroit is Canada. You have to drive north out of Windsor to Detroit. Strange but true!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

We are in Hawaii this month so by the time we get to see the posts its lunch time in most of the US, and probably the next day for our Australian and New Zealand members.

And what us states can claim being the furtherest west and the furtherest south?

Gord is correct, Canada is straigt south of Detroit. I know it sounds strange but check your map.

verified....and so there it is..Canada...not much of it....but there it is.....live and learn....regards, gary k

Charlie,

Withought looking at a map I would guess that Alaska with the Alution Islands would be the fartherest US State to the West and Hawaii the furtherest to the south.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A-22 Touring

Bill

that is correct.

charlie

The Durant Motors Automobile Club