Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scrounging for Parts on a Rainy Day

If anybody has a rotted out fuel tank for a '26-27 Star "M" I could sure use the fittings from it. I need the filler neck and the flanges for the fuel line and drain. I don't need the whole tank. This is a rectangular style measuring 33 1/2" long, 7 3/8" tall, and 12 1/4" wide.
I have a friend near Hot Springs, Ark that has been reproducing Model T tanks for many years and is willing to build a couple of new ones for our Star projects.
Please let me know what you have.
Thanks in advance

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

Re: Scrounging for Parts on a Rainy Day

Don,

Did you ever get the fittings that you needed?

Also do you think that he could do a LOCOMOBILE tank if I furnished measurements, fittings and a few pictures?
Thanks,
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Re: Scrounging for Parts on a Rainy Day

Send me a copy of the measurements and a pic of the old tank and I'll see what he can do.

Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club