Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
33 Frontenac parts for sale

Hi,

I have a rusty 1933 Frontenac Flyer body ( Canadian car) 2 dr sedan that was placed indoors 20 years ago and I now have no room for it indoors. No frame, no floor, 1 door, 1 front fender, 2 back fenders, rear tank cover, dash and firewall. It is not in the best of shape, what there is of it is solid and straight but Frontenac tin can't be easy to get. History from the locals say it was a six cylinder and therefore my research leads me to it being a Flyer. I even know the name of the last registered owner if anyone was interested. There is no evidence of a serial tag.

I would like to part with it, as I have a 2 1932 Chev's that are in better shape that I am working on.
Peter Ewart
Perth Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? a Frontenac Flyer

Re: 33 Frontenac parts for sale

Sounds like you have a 2nd 33 6 cyl. Only known one was outside Carleton Place for 11 years, on hwy 7 slowly rusting away. That would be a C600. I'm lead to believe the other car is under restoration somewhere in Carleton Place, but I don't know where. They might need parts but probably not the tin. Earl Moore of Ashton might know where it is. I assume you know Earl as he's strictly a Chevy man and no other car was ever built, ha ha. He's got 1916 490 ,1919 490, and a handful of 29 - 31's and a 38.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

This was 1 of 2 Frontenac Flyers that were used in Perth till the late fifties. The one I got was used by our mail man Patrick. The other belonged to the Devlin family. The front right frame rail had extensive repair and the drivetrain was stripped before it was set on a pile of cedar rails in the bush. I pulled it from the bush in 1986 and stored it in a barn.

Was the Frontenac the one made with a wooden frame and an air cooled engine?? If so there is one a few miles north of me here . It is siting in a campground and kids are playing on it . Been there for a number of years and the owner at one time would not even talk about selling it. I think it is still there and next time I am up that way I will take a look
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant -model6 14- deluxe rumble seat coupe

Ken,

A wooden frame and air cooled engine would be a Franklin. They are big luxury cars and very valuable.

Rick

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/devaux/DMAC/events/dmac2008/index.html

Hi Ken
Didn't you see the pic's of the 33 C600 at Carleton Place. I noted she has a down draft carb on the continental 6 ,with an air cleaner perched on top of that. Now that's interesting. I just checked Terry's site and he has the US type Ace as a 633 Frontenac however Tim Orrs 33 Durant was a 633 as I saw on the ID plate L 1006. Must be a glitch as we only had C400 and C600 in 1933. No doubt about it being a C600 as the head casting attests.

1933 C600 Frontenac (1)
1933 C600 Frontenac (2)

Thanks Rick---I stand corrected--I knew it was a different name but somehow franklin just didnt come into my head--
I wanted to buy the car a long time ago but the owner wouldnt even talk to me --maybe now he would
Antyone interesed in this car ? --I could check it out again when I go that way --about 2 hrs north of me
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant -model6 14- deluxe rumble seat coupe

Ken,
Yes please go up there and check out the Franklin. There is some interest in the Franklin's as they are unique in several ways. Find out; What year, Body style, Type of wheels, any Accessories and of course any Identification Tag #'s.

I know of two others that are currently under construction. It is a very unique old mark, and hate to see this one just molder away. Thanks.
Thanks Lance

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Lance
I will check for you but it may be a while before I can get there to see it. I will let you know as soon as I can.
Ken

Hey guys this is about Frontenac's .. Franklin's are a dime a dozen ,ha ha Actually, we have two in the Ottawa club. 1925 11A sedan and 1926 11A touring both show and on road.

Here's two pics of Peters C600.
Here's aprt of Pete's mail to me .. I was hoping that someone would be interested in it and or I could trade it for a nice set of headlights.
I think Pete is looking for 32 Chevy headlights or that style of light for his two door Confederate Chevy.

C600 Frontenac (2)
C600 Frontenac (1)

Hi My Name is Daryl.I am trying to save a piece of auto history called the Continental line. I am looking for any cars, parts and literature for the 1933 Continental; Beacon, Ace, Flyer,or Frontenac C 400 and C 600. I have been collecting them for a while most of them are 4 Door but there is 1, 2 Door in the garauge. The Beacon and Ace are the closest to having the most parts to get started on a full restoration. The Flyer is an incomplete basket case but the parts are good. I am still looking to up grade or trade parts. Daryl PH#(425)221-3275. Norm, I would like to know who has the Flyer you show in the pictures, maybe they would like some parts. Peter, your a long way away but my family loves road trips, do you know of any others?
Any additional info anyone else might have would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Hi Daryl ., Flyer ?? we only have Frontenac's in Canada which resemble the Continental Motors line, so you wouldn't be interested as they are Dominion Motors cars. Just kidding we know the US copied ours but couldn't put a name on the rad badge At least Fronty's did carry the name on them.
You forgot the 1934 Beacon which I have a pic of. Unfortunately it doesn't copy very well since its out of a 1960's Cars and Parts mag I used to pick up back then. That car was in Cedar Rapids Ia and was thought one be the only one left. Lady won it new in a ticket drawing.

Ok Daryl which car are you talking about ? I show the C 600 motor from one sedan and the car in one forum, and the coup body in the other. All Pete has is the body, one door, three fenders and rear splash apron of his C600. Pete's into rods and likes the two doors rather than four doors. I suspect he dragged this C600 out of the bush near Perth Ont years back to make a rod out of. He tells me if no one is interested unfortunately it goes back into the bush as he hasn't room to store in indoors.

The sedan, to my knowledge is still in Carleton Place Ont but now indoors and under restoration I gather. To our knowlege its the only surviving C600 sedan. I don't know the owners name but I would imagine parts would be accepted and needed. There are two C400's in the club in Ont. I'm sure Gord Curl our DMAC director for Ont would have a better knowledge of our cars, than I. Somewhat like you, we are trying to save the Durant Motors cars and our own Dominion Motors line 1931 - 1933. These are like the Continental Motors line of few left. Probably less than 20 known Durant's and Fronty's.

I noted in Terry's site http://www.durantcars.com/basics/history.shtml he has a few Contental's registered there.

Hi Norm; Sory it took so long to get back with you.
Its nice that Continental & Frontenac teamed up and built such a fine car. Not bad for farm equiptment (when shiped). You're right when I cross the border I should change my questions to C-400, C-600 and I think it was the big C-600.
Oh yes the 34 Beacon I know about her there is one of two things that keep me from asking about her and that would be fear or common sense, but I know of a gentalman going after her he is through the mechanical restoration and headed to the body work, my hat is off to him.
A friend of mine has a 1931 Frontenac in his garage, did you ever see Tim Wells's of Kingston Ont. car (blue with black fenders)? Tim also had a 1933 Big 6 C-600 Ace Deluxe sidemount fenders and wood wheels he sold for scrap. I came from Seattle to buy it from Mc Adoos Auto Wrecking a decade or two ago. It took a couple of trips to get most of what Tim had to offer or trade. It was from him that I recieved one of the Frontenac rad badges. The other one came fron George Fisher in Regins when he sold me his 1933 C-400 Beacon (body#1579) and a 1933 C-600 (body#379).
Whether it's a Durant, a Frontenc, or Continental my friend Tom and I like these old cars enough to spend time and energy to collect the ones other people dont want. I have tracked cars that go in garages with good intentions of restoration moved from garages to barns, from barn to carports and from carport to blue tarp. I have seen some cars being absorbed by the earth right up to the axels and the owners still won't sell and it's ok with me but sad just the same. I enjoy the people and the hunt. I am looking for any leads to owners of 1933-1934 Frontenac C-400,C-600 or Big C-600 (Ace) also 1933-34 Continental: Beacon, Flyer or Ace. Whether they're coup, 2door.4 door even a roadster,right down to parts or literature. Has anyone seen or heard of the where abouts of a 1933 Frontenac or Continental roadster (either motor)? I have extra parts to trade. This project seems to be a group effort I need help in locating parts. Any information is greatly apreaciated if I can help you feel free to call Daryl PH# 425 221 3275... Peace be with all... Daryl Oh Tom is thinking about selling his 1931 Frontenac.

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

I am looking for a continental C-400 engine that works or could be made to work. Can anyone help?

Do You own a car built by Durant? C-400 & C-600 Continental Motor Car(s)

To update this, Steve Large has been in touch with Peter about the C600 parts, for his C400. The frame has gone back to nature having been on the ground too long and still resides in the bush near Perth off hwy 7. There was no motor when Peter dragged the body out some years back.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club