Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More Touring/ Roadster Parts Found: 20's Maxwell or Star?

All,
Update on previous posting. Frank, I also have an early 20's Maxwell touring center section. It was told to me to be for a Maxwell,(but could be an early 20's Star??) with 2 front Touring/Roadster doors.

The center section is wooded and has a front seat back and both center sides(rough upholstery),part of a front seat bottom support, and both Front doors are complete with wood, hinges & latch hardware. The center section & doors are in good condition, and in paint, however one door has some minor rust-out in the bottom. Dimensions on request, Very reasonable (850) 678-2687.

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Re: More Touring/ Roadster Parts Found: 20's Maxwell or Star?

All,
Update; Actually the pleated upholstry on the early 20's Touring center section and sides is very good. Also the bottom seat frame is complete (no Springs though). The floor rail wood was cut midway in the front opening and long in the rear door openings, and is solid. Sheetmetal on sides and seat back has no dents or rust.

The two Touring/Roadster doors have a raised "beltline" molding like an early 20's Star.
Again the Doors have handles, locks and hinges.

The Touring center section does-Not have this raised "beltline" molding so maybe it is a Maxwell, I don't know? However it is in very good condition overall(Star beltline could easily be added, for a restoration).

This early 20's Touring center section and doors could easily be made into a fun Roadster pickup too! I hate to see it not being used by someone in the club. I got it with my Locomobile parts this Summer.

Thanks for your interest, (850)678-2687.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club