Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More Lost Durant Parts......Found

Hi All....

Well Jim Greenamyer, aka Mr Flint , and I just returned from a quick week end trip ( 24 hours of drive time).

We brought home a trailer and truck load of Durant, Star and Flint parts. We have at least one more load to pick up. A lot of nice stuff that has not been seen or available for many years. As I inventory and unload I will be listing some neat items. DMAC Club members will have the first choice on these items.

Now where did we go?? I will give you a few hints, this will be like the Travels of Miss Dussie from Auburn last year.

Probably a good job for the super detectives at CSI (Charlie Spitz Investigations).

First clue.....well actually the second, we traveled north west

Have fun enjoy the ride......

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Re: More Lost Durant Parts......Found

Well, Auburn, Indiana is in that direction from you. Is this more of the same pile of goodies that you looked at last year?

Hey Don!
Some people were wondering how you faired out from Hurricane Ike? It looked like after Houston it went right up through your way.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Hi All.....

Sorry Don no cigar !! We did stop in Indiana for fuel.

We did get parts for some other cars even an early Maxwell

More to follow with some pictures later......

Frank ---

Dear Frank,

I have located the remains of a Flint and was wondering what flint parts you have for sale in your collection?
Willard Schoellerman
wschoellerman@earthlink.net

Do You own a car built by Durant? trying to buy one

Hi All.....

As promissed here are some early pictures. There are some hints in the pictures as to where we went !!

Enjoy. .....Frank [:)s---]

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

OK,,,where in Wisconsin did you find these goodies?

Hi Don.....

Sharp eyes, you picked up on the plates.

Let's just say I was glad Jim G. was along, he's a great packer !!!

enjoy the ride......Frank ---

Frank Merry Christmas wow the hole car club hit the jack pot with this find.with any find of parts for our cars thanks for doing all the hard work for us.We do appreciate it.keep looking.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star coupster

Frank,
What a find!!! If you happen to exterior door handles and/or good brakes shoes for all four wheels for a 1925 Star touring, I'm in need and interested.
Chuck

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Model F Touring

Frank:

I am very interested in your prices for the Durant (California)serial number plate, Durant emblem red/white (next to the "D" emblems in your picture) all the spear door handles you have and I think I see a crank hole cap, the red/white one.

These would be for my 1930 6-14 Deluxe sedan

Let's make a deal!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deluxe Sedan

Frank,
I am interested in the Hayes-Hunt body tag and the oval Star emblem if they are up for sale. Thanks. John Parrish

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M-2

Frank Looks like you got some of the late Jeff Gillis' parts stash from Green Bay Wisconsin?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 standard coupe

I was ready to ask before I saw Ross' note if you finally made the deal for the Gillis trove.

Hi All...

YES Wayne and Ross, you are correct, that is where these parts came from.

There are multiples of many items, I will be keeping what I need for my cars as well as for my latest addition. I have a 614 sedan to pick up in Philadelphia. Won't get it till my Hershey trip.

All of the remaining items will be offered to DMAC members first. I don't even know what all is here. Jim and I were loading from seperate areas. We still have at least another load to pick up.

Frank ---

Hi Frank:
Those new shiny parts that are cast would have been made by Harvey Frid, Belleville, Ontario. Mike Butters now has all of Harvey's molds for these pieces and has made countless parts for DMAC members.
Glad that you got this treasure trove. What about all the Paper brochures etc that Jeff had? Did you get those?

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Frank
Do you have hub caps for my car ?? and also dust caps for the 4 axles. I am interested in these items as well as the crank hole cover . Also need a rad and gas cap .
Thanks
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant -model6 14- deluxe rumble seat coupe

I think Frank has most of us drooling by teasing with a few pics now and then. Now he adds wire wheel hub caps in a box, scuffed but a hole filler until better ones can be found.

Ken you sound like me. 6 1/2 hub caps dished style if possible, rad cap and gas cap plus one outside door handle much like the 619 has. I never found a rad cap in the 60's so finding one 40 years later will be a miracle. Much like finding a door and lense for the fender light. I understand the Butter's lads make the rad caps with the 3 V's (spears) or the swallow. I'm getting a collection of gas caps I pick up at flea markets, hoping one will fit Dorothy. One was the thickness of a piece of paper too small. Probably could hammer it on, ha ha. One way of saving gas if you can't get it in. Too bad your moose became steaks. Back to the 30's and Bennett buggies to save gas costs.

Hopefully Frank will have some way of posting what's left after he takes the "choice" bits for himself. That came through loud and clear in his posting. ha ha.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Frank:
I would be interested in the single rib radiator cap in the photo right side. I believe it would be the correct one for my 28 Durant D75. Thanks, Steve

Hi All.....

Just to show that we did work hard while there. Also check out the 1930 Durant 614 blind back with louvered hood.

Enjoy the ride.....Frank ---

Poor old guy having a hernia unloading that heavy box of goodies and the younger lad getting a kick out of it,

That's an interseting car. I note the rain gutters don't follow the usual body moulding round the back and are shorter. Makes sense without having the rear side windows to go over and around. Wonder why they would have made such a car ? Hard enough to see what's behind you with a normal car.

Frank,
The Durant step plates that you have pictured are plates that I had sold Jeff about 14 years ago.
I had purchased the last 10 plates that were made from Gaslight Auto Parts in Urbana, Ohio
Jeff purchased 6 of the 10 from me I have thre other 4 on my Durant. I noticed that Jeff had instaled some on the Durant that you have pictured.

I could use outside door handles for my 25 Star Touring and the gas cap shown in the first photo with tanks.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Hi All....

Thanks for all the interest and information.

The "Old Guy" is Jim G and that is either a box of door handles or connecting rods! And this was at the start of loading. Imagine what we were like at the end.

I do have a couple varities of Durant Step plates, different than what the Club sells. Thanks Ken for the info where they came from. Gord you are correct about all the shinney pieces many more of those also.

All the miniature emblems are the ones used on some step plates and also on MotoMeters. I will make some repo motometers this winter. These emblems have been unavailable for years. I have boxes of these.

Be sure to email me with your want list and I will try to find what you need as we unload.

Frank ---

Did you bring back any 1930 windshield parts or front door latch and window riser assemblies?

Thanks,
Mike

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614

Hello Frank!

Can you be so kind as to sell me any of the following

Hub caps for wire wheels for a 29 Deluxe sedan,

Handles, dome light (I have been offer one but have a fried that would love to have one too) Pine cone design.

for a continental 6 cyl., water pump drive shaft,
generator, good or bad. fuel pump system (vacuum), correct clamps.

owners manual, or shop manual,

description of the exhaust system

I will be at Hershey for Wed. only and would meet you where you say.

Thanks, Arthur Roberts Cell 804 761 4705

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1929 Mod 70, Deluxe Sedan

Hello Frank,

Congratulations on an amazing find.

If you have any of the following items I would like to buy them from you and can pick them up at Hershey if it suits you.

For Mod 70 Deluxe sedan, 6 cyl, 4 sp.
door threshold plates, step plates, hub caps (for wire wheels, they are about 65" in dia and snap it.
generator, pto shaft for generator to water pump, 2 stage muffler, actuator for themostatically controlled louvers, door and window handles & cranks, etc.(pine cone design).other Mod 70 parts.

My cell phone is 804 761 4705, please feel free to call me anytime between 9 pm and 7am (EST).

I would like to meet you in Hershey, and the other Durant guys. See you there.

Arthur Roberts

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1929 Mod 70, Deluxe Sedan

Hershey Space

Hello Frank,

Luck is with us. I have been allowed to have a space, CJ79, and invite all Durant folks to use the space as a base. There will be shelter and refreshment.

I noticed in the pictures of your recently found part some hub caps that I need. They are the one for wire wheels, about 6"in in dia. and they snap in.

Regards, Arthur Roberts cell 804 761 4705

Do You own a car built by Durant? Mod 70, 29 Deluxe Sedan

Frank:
In the midst of you being deluged with parts questions that you probably can't answer yet, I have one too.

Is that a crank hole cover in your first picture?

Wayne

Hi Wayne.....

Yes that is a 1930 crank hole cover.

It is a repo, but very nicely done.

I have a few of these, as well as some originals, not sure yet how many I will need. Just bought a 614 from Gary K. Picking it up tomorrow on the way to Hershey.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy

Arthur, Frank,
While at Hershey if you or any of the other Durant club come accross ANY Locomobile parts (i.e like small JR-8 hubcaps or other Loco.Parts/Hubcaps) please e-mail or call to let us know.

Or get the vendors name and number for ANY Locomobile items for us to call them; Much Thanks.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

hi, i have a 1926 Durant Rugby Pick up truck and i am looking for some parts i was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a hub cap (2.87 inch or 73mm diameter) a full petrol tank, two back wheel mud guard, two tail lights and two front headlights, steering wheel. as i am in Australia i will be happy to pay for any postage and handling as well as the price of the item.
thanks Amir...

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Frank
Keep me in mind when you are through with the sorting.I need the 4 hub caps for wire wheels (6.5/8 inch ) and also a crank hole cover , gas cap and rad cap(moto meter) would take 6 hub caps of you have that many to spare.
Thanks
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant -model6 14- deluxe rumble seat coupe

Ken I aleady have dibs on 6 1/2 caps hopefully the dished type with crest. Don't think Frank is going to know where to turn once he sorts out his stash and all the Forum and personal email's.

Now Frank is adding Gary's prized 1930 614 to his stable of cars. Thankfully Gary sent me pics of the motor, passenger side before Frank got there. All manuals etc show drivers side, never passenger side. That twigged this old guys memory of the manifold clamp Dots missing for throttle / choke cables and the gas line pump to carb. Someone ad hoc'd a 2nd fuel bowl straight out from the pump. ??

Hello Frank,

Thanks for coming by my booth in hershey. With your help and helpp from others we can have a great Durantonian Gathering next year.

Any luck in finding some 6 1/2" hub caps?

I need as many as 6. Also, do you know where I can get the activator thing for the radiator vanes on the Mod 70. I am pretty sure some other models used the same thing.

I have bought 4 M-5 engines, they are a bit rough but many of the parts are useable.

Thanks, Arthur

Please respond to aroberts1948@live.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29, Mod 70, Deluxe

Do I see a fuel tank in the photos? Will it fit up under my '26 durant Model 60?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Durant 60 & '29 Star truck

We are looking for all four wheeel dust covers. We have five but they are to small, wrong caps.

Where Are You From? Lac du Bonnet Manitoba Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 407 three window coup

Frank please remember to jot down the I.D. tags info and pass along to me before off loading them. Thank you

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? No Dominion Motors

Frank: please don't forget that I will need some bits and pieces for my Flint project. LIKE an E55 hood or top pc thereof
rad cap to hold motometer
gas tank
Driveshaft from trans to engine [from JG I think]
3 X 6 tab wheel rims
and lots of other bits and pcs no doubt.

Where Are You From? Whitby, ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, even a Flint project

HELLO FRANK ANY DEVAUX PARTS IN THE HORD KEEP ME IN MIND IF THERE IS, DAVE

Where Are You From? SO CXALIF

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DEVAUX, 1932 DEVAUX

Remember lads the posting was over 4 years ago. Still waiting Frank to fill a few of my items from the email back then, asking for a list from us

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

Hi,

I am not quite sure who will see this post, but I am hoping whoever reads
this can offer some assistance. I have a 1930 Durant, which I believe is a
4 door, which needs quite a few parts, but the parts that I would be more
appreciative in acquiring are the following: The doors, the roof, the windshield, and the dashboard instruments. If anyone knows anyone who is
selling these parts, I would appreciate any information that can be
provided.

Thank you,

Marc

Where Are You From? California

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

we must know the model..it is on the vin # on firewall or on passenger toe board inside . if none found send picture of engine hood and motor cast numbers on head....pictures are best...if u can...send them to my email for car i.d................

Where Are You From? SOUTHEAST PENNA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 DURANT 60 SEDAN ; 1924 STAR TOURING

Unc Gary ... all the 1930's have same bodies inc the odd ball 617. My 32 is same body different dashboard and instrument cluster and gauges. Can't switch gauges 30 to 31 / 32 and vice versa. The E and 670 Frontenac should be the same body just dropped frame.
31 DeVaux was patterned after the Durant but swing out windshield, door handles on the flat of door not molding, and 3 door hinges.

You recall that abortion 1930 614 with crescent moon back window and body height raised, that was bought and turned into a hotrod ? That rod was for sale not long ago. Anyway it had a 31 / 32 dash board I guess to make it seem newer in its past but they couldn't make the heat gauge fit the instrument cluster. That's what caught my eye, our fancy gold cluster and gauge not fitting. You can change dash boards 30 to 31 / 32 since bodies the same. 30 is two piece electric heat gauge and 31 / 32 one piece fluid (need one for mine).

Can't always go by what you see as we know with our cars. 1930 614 can and can't have spear louvers over vertical ones. 407 a space in middle between louvers. 1930 piano hinge and 31 / 32 chromed strip the top halves slide in. Engine casting info is a help but also not gospel. We have a 614 here with 615 casting number which is truck not car and appears to be right from plant.

I was going to suggest having a look at the photo's section for ideas but a lot of it doesn't work and Rick thinks he knows what's wrong.

Yes a few pics of this car and engine casting info could help with identification.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club