Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
30 - 33 lense retainers

I've put off asking as it sounds dumb for such a small thing. I'm trying to make a set of lights for Dorothy and the type require the 3 spring steel lense retainer wires per lense. I've been to flea markets and folks have various lights, lenses and parts but never the 3 lense wires. Fender parking lights also require the retainers, but smaller. (need 6 of those too)
I see Mac's Ford parts carry sets for 28 - 32 A headlights but seem different in the picture and Mac also require a minimum order to ship anything. They won't ship a $2 order.
What are others doing that have this type of Depress Beam lights that require the cork gasket and 3 wires ?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Re: 30 - 33 lense retainers

Just checked Mac's site again. They have both cowl and headlight retainers but they are different since Ford A lenses have 3 tabs on the glass to accept the retainers. Our glass has no such tabs and hense a different retainer wire to catch the edge of the lense.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club