Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts for sale

Hello Durant people. I am parting out a 24 star touring. I have some things I would like to sell. They include a complete drive train front to back, two continental engines that are not stuck. Two complete steering columns, 2 gas tanks and a few odds and ends. If someone is interested please email me and we can discuss. Thank you. My # is 217-778-1166

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes 2

Re: Parts for sale

Hi Mark.
When you say steering column does that include the whole thing, like steering box, shaft, and steering wheel?
I do need all that for my 26 Star "M" model touring car. Also what are some of the odds & ends you have? I am also missing the hood hold downs. Also would like any bumpers that would fit. I sold all the extra ones I had in stock before I was ask to buy this Star touring located here in San Diego.
Thank you for your time.
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Re: Re: Parts for sale

Hello Lance,

Thanks for your repsonce this morning, I would like to buy some handles, etc. with the pine cone design. And other thing you may have, like sill plates.

Arthur Roberts

Where Are You From? none yet

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, I bought David Wolherts Mod 70 Sedan

Yes I do have a complete steering column from box to steering wheel. I do not have bumpers though. I will have to check on hood hold downs. I now I at least have to of them. I will check on two more though.

I could use a steering column for my '24 Star pile of parts. I need also a driveshaft and tubular backbone. With these, I could at least drive the pile around the yard. -Hal

Mark, do you have sheet metal? I still need the right hand (pass. side) panel below the doors, between the fenders, down to the running board.
Thanks, Glenn

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star

Hal, I do have a drive shaft and the other piece you are looking for. Give me a call or email me at the address I leave below.

Glenn, If you are talking about the splash apron that goes above the running board that connects both the front and rear fenders I have it and it is in real nice shape. You guys can email me at maggioiga@prairieinet.net or call me at 217-778-1166

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes a 25 star sedan

I'd be interested in the transmission if I could figure out if it is the same as the one in my 25 Star Model F. Perhaps Lance could help.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Hi Vince.
The 24 Star transmission is identical to the one for your 25 Star car and as a matter of fact all the Star cars.
I also have a couple of perfect Star transmissions here in San Diego if you need one.
I also have one still in a model "F" 25 Star parts car but no body.
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Vince, If you are still needing a transmission I have two good ones to sell. Let me know.

The bearing on the input shaft on mine is worn so that the shaft wobbles around. I was going to rebuild it but it sounds like you guys have ones ready to go. I'll contact you both directly later this week.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club