Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GM 100th Year Today 9/16/2008

Hello world.
Today we all celebrate the founding of GM by our leader Billy Durant. Yes September 16th 1908 was the date. I for one am proud to be a Durant groupie as our late great writer friend Beverly Rae Kimes coined in one of her many writing's of our guy Billy.
So tonight my wife and I will be displaying our favorite Durant built car our 29 model 6-66 four door down in National City just south of San Diego with the words "Happy 100th GM" Thanks "Billy Durant". They have invite some classic cars out to display in front of some very nice old homes.
Faithfully Lance Haynes San Diego

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Re: GM 100th Year Today 9/16/2008

WAY TO GO LANCE...YOU ARE ALWAYS ON TOP OF THE IMPORTANT THINGS...AND WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN "DURANT"......
P.S....IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 4 DOOR HANDLES FOR ART ROBERTS MODEL 70, I COULD USE TWO FOR MY COUPE....
I WILL BE SENDING HIM COPIES OF MY '70' SALES BROCHURE AND ALSO THE OWNERS MANUAL IF HE WANTS ONE..I WILL SEE HIM AT HERSHEY....
HOPE YOU HAVE BEEN WELL. REGARDS, GARY K

Re: GM 100th Year Today 9/16/2008

Hi Gary.
I will help you as much as I can. Got to find all this stuff.
BTW there was a great article released today by The Detroit News "GM must tap Durant's spirit for next century"
Cut and paste this URl http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080916/OPINION01/809160304
Very nice article on GM and our man.
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

The Durant Motors Automobile Club