Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On my Way

Hi Everyone,

I haven been quite as of late with my job and preparing for the DMAC meet I haven't gotten back or posted anything for a while.

I'm leaving in less than an hour for Astoria as will hopefully see a lot of you there.

Rick

Re: On my Way

Rick

Travel safe, I know that you are towing a beautiful Durant

Peg and I depart on Monday for San Francisco, and then from there to Portland on Thursday, we should be in Astoria by late afternoon.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying the sights in Oregon

Travel safe to everyone

Charlie and Peggy

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Our traveling party has made it to Salem, Oregon for the night. It seems that we've be driving through hills and mountains for two days now. The weather has been hot, but I'm told Astoria will be much cooler. We should arrive around noon, let the fun begin!!

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Roadster

Looks Good Rick,

We will be leaving when I hit the send button...Will travel 97 through Eastern WA, then down the Columbia River to Astoria...See you in about 7 Hrs.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Rick:
I'll be in on the 11th. See you all then. Gary

Where Are You From? www.devauxregistry.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Rick,

Glad you got to Astoria safely. Great picture of the Eugene exit. Thanks. Wish I could have been on the overpass to see the roadster go by. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

John Parrish

Do You own a car built by Durant? A 1928 M-2 (In my dreams)

having Fun, wish you were here!!

Rick

Astoria

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh god family photos. Reminds me of my grandfather. This is a stone. This is a tree. This is a flower. aughhhhhhh.

Kidding. Cool pics even if it takes my poor old pc 15 min to open this set of pics on dial up.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Yes, it's just one big family outing for the DMAC. Here are a few pictures of yesterday; we drove over the bridge into Washington. Later that evening after we returned back to Oregon everyone enjoyed a prime rib dinner together.

It will take a minute to load the pictures.
Rick

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Read about our meeting in the local Astorian newspaper!!!!

Link to online edition below or click the little computer icon on yor left.

Rick

http://www.coastweekend.com/main.asp?SectionID=85&SubSectionID=1002&ArticleID=41585&TM=37969.98

Where Are You From? www.coastweekend.com/main.asp?SectionID=85&SubSectionID=1002&ArticleID=41585&TM=37969.98

1930 Mod 70, Deluxe Sedan

Last Tuesday I bought this car and was told by Mac Irvine, via this forum, that you might want to know about the car.

I have triple checked the ID plates and the numbers and they are as follows.

Durant M-70 2234

Durant / Continental Engine 15U3389

Head marked 15UA6, dated 3 18 29

The car is titled as a 1930 but I wonder if it is 29.

The interior is good but I don't know enough to know if it is original.

I really need help with this, there is a lot to do and I am going to try and have the car ready for Texarkana. Any guidance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

It needs a new exhaust, the cowl light lenses are frosted, the hub caps are all dented, some of the pine cone motif handles are damaged or missing, the shaft from the generator to the water pump doesn't look right, the metal simulated wood trim around the windows needs restoration, the roof need replacement and it needs a paint job.

Are the headlights supposed to be amber?

Wher can I go to research what this car should be like. I want to do this authentically but would like to get away from the black it is now.

Where Are You From? none yet

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a 1930, Mod. 70 Deluxe Sedan, #2234

Thanks Rick for letting me catch a ride in your beautiful car in Astoria! It was a grand event (as usual)! AND, you are so right when you said we are "family". Anyone who has not yet attended a Durant Annual Meet does not know how "family" oriented we all are. It is like picking up where we left off last year and then moving forward! If you happen to be new to the group we just hug you in--and proceed! Hope everyone made it home safe. We had a 4 hour delay (no stewardesses due to Ike and closing Houston). But we made it back to the NJ house by 11 AM and by 3:30 PM all those Oregon berries I picked were JAM! (saving you a jar Rick)!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3

Hi Arthur.
Yes the model 70 came with the RU engine and another way to tell is it has the vacuum fuel tank, and 14" drum brakes and water plunger activated shutters in front of the radiator and a 4 speed transmission but no overdrive. That is the top of the line car you have there and yes it is a 1929 model and very very rare. Way to go. Back in those days a left over car from the year before would be sold as a 30 in 1930. Durant Motors did not put the year on any of there cars ever or even on the motors manuals or dealer brochures. All the handle hardware has the pine cone castings on them as well as the dome light housing.
I do have some of the handles and dome light in stock. I will dig them out for you.
Faithfully Lance Haynes San Diego, CA

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Hello Lance,

Thank you very much for your responce!

It would be great if you have some of those handles or any of the other items mentioned.

I would like to buy them.

In the box of papers I received with the car there is a copy of the owners manual. I would love to find an original.

Thanks again, Arthur

P. S. I see that I am replying to Rick. Riock, wopuld you be so kind as to forward this note to Lance? Many thanks, Arthur Roberts

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1929 Mod 70, Deluxe Sedan

Guys, Jim and I headed back to Portland in the 6-14. We didn't have any of the vapor lock problems like we had on the way to Astoria. Keith Nordquist suggested we put some lead additive in the fuel and some Marvel mystery oil also-seems to have done the trick! We even saw 60mph down a long hill! The odometer showed 107 miles and the same mapquest distance was 108.5. I don't have a modern car that is that accurate! "Just a real good car". We had a great DMAC meet! Ross Hoevet and Jim Colbert

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 standard coupe

WOW!! great shots! looks like it was perfect weather, and great for all those Durants!
So glad everyone arrived safely.
Cant wait to hear all those stories!

Where Are You From? oldcarlenses.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

I'm still driving home, taking the sight seeing route. The first day we stopped in McMinnvile, Oregon and visited the Air Museum where I saw the Spruce Goose, then headed for the coast. We just crossed over the border into California a few hours ago, I hope to be home Thursday at the latest.

Rick

P.S.

I had a wonderful time in Astoria, many thanks go to Mike Larsen and Phil Peters for hosting us!

Arrived home yesterday at 9pm after eleven and a half hours of driving. I had a wonderful time.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club