Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Firewall & drip rails on Durants

I've been looking at my model 65 that I think is most original, but I have a question for the club members. In the engine compartment, was the firewall originally painted black or body color? Mine is black and looks to be the original paint, runs and all. The body and serial number plate looks to have the original mounting rivets on it. Also when I started to dismantle my car, it had a drip rail above the doors. Was that authentic and put on by the factory or a previous owner? I know the 65 and 75 were a bit more fancy for 1928 but I can't remember seeing a drip rail on the cars.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Re: Firewall & drip rails on Durants

Mike, I think the firewalls where black mine on my coupster is black as for the drip rail I have no clue good luck.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star coupster

My 29 four cylinder has the drip rails. I'd think it would be standard. Seems to be a trim piece to edge the roof covering. I'm going to have to replace mine soon, so I'm looking for a source. My upper wood will need repair in order to hold the brads.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

I got my guttering for the 30 Durant from LeBaron Bonney. Their toll free number is 1-800-221-5408 and the website is www.LeBaronBonney.com....
I think what you are looking for is listed under Gutters.
I would think that all our closed cars would have used gutters.

Your Durant Partner

Yates

The Durant Motors Automobile Club