Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DeVaux fan pulley

I just encountered a problem with my "new" DeVaux. The fan pulley 'set up' while I was driving this past weekend...fortunately I wasn't far from home! We've got the pulley off, and discovered that what they say in the instruction manual about adding oil every 2000 miles to the reservoir should be taken seriously. Now......does anyone know if Continental used this same 'oil containing spindle bearing' in other engines, or does anyone have one or know where I can get one? Mine probably could be refurbished, but it might be cheaper just to buy a new one, if they can be found.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DeVaux

Re: DeVaux fan pulley

John
I would suggest you contact Franz in Vancouver BC who is the expert on these things and probably can modify one from what he does with the Durant fan hubs. His email is info@vancouverdurantstarcarconnection.ca. or maybe Rick or someone can get you his telephone number via private email. If he can't fix it I don't think it can be.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Re: DeVaux fan pulley

Hi John...

Like Mike said check out Franz for the hub. Just go to the links page and click on Vancouver Durant Star Connection.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star Cars and a Durant-Dort buggy

The Durant Motors Automobile Club