Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SPARK PLUG CONNECTORS

HI ALL,
I AM LOOKING FOR A SET OF SPARK PLUG ENDS THAT CLIP ON TO THE ROUND SPARK PLUG TOPS.ANYONE HAVE FOUR GOOD ONES THAT THEY MAY BE WILLING TO PART WITH?. IF YOU ALL WILL BE AT HERSHEY IN OCTOBER I WILL BE AT CLASS 17A WITH MY 23 STAR TOURING GOING FOR MY AACA SENIOR.STOP BY AND SAY HELLO.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 STAR TOURING

Re: SPARK PLUG CONNECTORS

Ed
You might try Restoration Supply Company in California. They have various wires and clips for spark plugs for the teens and twenty's. Their web site is: http://restorationstuff.com/ you can then download their catalog.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Ed,
Frank Witkowski has what you are looking for. He made me a set of wires for my 23 Durant. All authenic for that year. Mike is right, they are available at Restoration Supply.

Bring home a SENIOR from Hershey..

Yates

Hi All......

Sorry to say I don't have the special connectors Ed is looking for, and neither does Restoration Supply.

We used his old set to make the wire set now on his Star.

Ed, if you can post a picture it might help members to see exactly what you are looking for.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

I was an AACA judge in the late 60's. To be sure they want deduct points for having the wiring ends that Frank sells and that I have on my 23 Durant.
Authenticity is one thing and common sense is another.
I think the judging system now fails in the latter. I gave up judging because the rules became, in my opinion, too strict.
At any rate Ed, I hope you can find the plug ends.

Yates

Yates
I am an AACA Judge now and as long as the plug wires are neat and period as well as the ends it should be OK. Each judge uses his own interpretation of how many points to deduct up to the maximum allowed for that item. Most judges look for neatness, authenticity etc. If it looks period most will let it pass. Frayed wire, grease, the wrong spark plugs etc will cost points. Ed should not have anything to worry about.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

I NOW HAVE THE RIGHT TYPE CONNECTORS ON MY PLUG WIRES THAT FRANK WITKOWSKI MADE FOR ME. AT THE CUMBERLAND MEET MY WIRES GOT WET AND I HAD A PROBLEM STARTING.I WANTED A SECOND SET TO CARRY WITH ME TO AVOID THE SAME PROBLEM.I HAD ALREADY HAD THE ROUND BRASS BALLS MADE FOR THE TOP OF THE PLUGS AND I WANTED TO STAY AS ORIGINAL AS POSSIBLE.I WAS HOPING SOMEONE OUT THERE MAY HAVE A SET LAYING AROUND THAT ARE NOT NEEDED.
THANKS GUYS

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 TOURING

The Durant Motors Automobile Club