Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
California Road Trip in a 1929 Durant Roadster

Here are a few pictures of today's trip. I drove the roaster to the Niles Canyon Railway station in Sunol, then stopped for breakfast in Old Town Pleasanton.
From there we drove to Livermore and stopped at the former Durant Dealership (Highway Garage). The people there invited us inside for a visit, then it was off to the old Livermore Train station and back to Fremont.

Old Betsy did well and attracted attention everywhere we went. So far I've had offers to trade an airplane and a Mercedes for her, but I think I'll keep her

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/devaux//Roadster/Sunday%20Roadtrip/index.html

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/devaux//Roadster/Sunday%20Roadtrip/index.html

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Deluxe Model 60 Roadster

Re: California Road Trip in a 1929 Durant Roadster

Rick,
Fine pics and you made the right decision. Airplanes are too expensive and regulated to operate and there is NO car produced in the last 35 years that would be equal to what you have.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star touring, 1927 Star M Coupe

Rick.... Those pictures bring back memories of our Okland "Back to the factory" meet...As I recall it was 104 degrees that day that we rolled into the "Highway Garage", unfortunatly my Durant was on the Sweeper from Vapor-Locking, it was the first time out for the Durant since I had restored it...Looks like you had better results with your first trip.

Bill

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring

Yes Bill we drove the very same route, but this time the temperature was a little cooler, somewhere in the mid 70's.
The curator Bill Junk let us in and showed three fire trucks all still owned by the city of Livermore, the bug red one
was built in 1944. I remember your vapor lock, but considering it was a 104 outside and the car's first road trip ,
I think she did pretty well.

I hadn't planned to go that far, but we were running ahead of schedule and the weather was perfect and the engine was running strong, so you know the rest of the story.

Rick

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/devaux//Roadster/Sunday%20Roadtrip/index.html

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Deluxe Model 60 Roadster

Those pictures sure bring back memories of our trip to Vallejo and the trip to Livermore. The roadster sure looks grand. Have a great summer of touring.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Rick
Looks like a great trip, I'm very very jealous! Maybe one day I'll get mine running. She sure is one fine Durant!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Beautiful car and pictures... ENJOY.. ENJOY...
I know what I would be doing on the weekends with that jewel.. Congratulations!!!!!

Yates

Way to go Rick.
You lucky stiff you. 70's out. Last time I drove that route with you in my 29 it was 104 outside.
That was a fun great club tour even if Bills beautiful red Durant had to trailered part way.
Keep on a rolling my friend.
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Lots of them

Thanks everyone.

It sure is fun once you can drive the car, and last Sunday's was sure a lot of fun. In 2002 the old roadster could not do much more than a few laps around the block, so I wasn't able to bring her on that tour to the Durant dealership. But last week was a differnet story, she couldn't be stopped, a 48 mile round trip without a hiccup.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club