Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant & GM

Does anyone kown if there are any living relatives associated with William Durant the founder of GM/Durant motor Co. My dad recently told me that one of our relatives owns a Durant car, which they plan to sell for approx $20,000. ive been told it still runs and stil has all of its original parts except for the seat coverings.

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Re: Durant & GM

He had at least one son and at least one daughter. They might have had children.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

When researching a possible purchase, I may buy a 1930 sedan tomorrow morning, I ran across the name Fred Durant listed in the registry portion of durantcars.com.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Maybe tomorrow morning!

Billy Durant's daughter did have children and there are relatives. Billy Durant's great grandson lives in Virginia his name is Daniel Merrick. I don't believe that there are any living direct relatives with the name Durant. Maybe great nephews etc but not any of Billy's children or grandchildren etc.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

To my knowledge, the direct descendants of Billy Durant are named Sanger. There could be others.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Roadster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club