Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1931-1932 DEVAUX Wheel on EBAY

Hello,
Someone is selling a wheel on Ebay as a Devaux wheel. The wheel is 17" with 4 lug holes and is solid metal. I thought all Devaux wheels were 19" with 5 lugs and either wire or wood spokes?

Re: 1931-1932 DEVAUX Wheel on EBAY

It looks to me like (maybe) an old Willys wheel... pressed and in pretty rough shape. Interesting that they would have chosen DeVaux as the unlikely original user of the wheel. I think I'll email the seller and ask why he thinks it's a DeVaux wheel. If he responds, I'll post his reply.

I got an answer back, very quickly...and the seller, "Elaine", said she had been told that it wasn't a DeVaux wheel, and she wondered what it was. I suggested my Willys theory...anybody got a better idea?

Dennis: In 1931 the wheel size was 19 inch. The spoke wheel was an extra for 5.00 for a set. (What a deal.) Most cars were sold with the spoke ones. In 1932, the spoke wheel was on the standard model but the 17 inch was offered on the Custon sedan, roadster and coupe.
We all know of the 2 32 roadsters (custom). There is a 32 custom sedan in Michigan and Minnisota. There is ONE 32 custom coupe that I have a picture of that is somewhere in Eastern Oregon. I have been trying to contact the owner for over 2 years.
Gary

The Durant Motors Automobile Club