Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
radiator hoses & rad repair

After getting the radiator recored, we now need to purchase replacement rad hoses. I like the look of those red-colored hoses on Rick Botti's roadster. Where are they available? What size of hose should be requested ? And, what length of hose stock is required ? We originally sent the rad to the place in Maine, who did replace the core, but messed up the mounting brackets on each side. I have since found EDJ Radiators Inc, here in Ontario, operated by Don Graham. This fellow repairs only antique radiators, and he was great. Our rad fitted into the car perfectly after Don resoldered the brackets properly.
He also had the grommets for the headlight cables, and rubber spacers to go between the bottom of the rad and the frame cross-member.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D40 sedan (owned by the Museum)

Re: radiator hoses & rad repair

Dave,

I Purchased the red radiator hose from Restoration Supply Company in Escondido, California. Their website is located at:

http://www.restorationstuff.com

They have a catalog you can download, look on page 18 for the hose. I also purchased the era correct hose clamps and repo wire loom, they stock several sizes.

Rick

Where Are You From? www.restorationstuff.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Deluxe Sport Roadster Model 60

Re: radiator hoses & rad repair

Well Dave, I'm glad you finally found a reputable rad place after all the problems we both had with Capital Rad here. I'll pass this info on to the 3 clubs in Ottawa in case others are looking for this also. The Ford A club indicates Dave's Rad Service (Dave Shaw) specilizing in rad repair and custom building, gas tanks, in Bishops Mills Ont.
My 614 has a thick asbestos strap like thing (same width as the tank) under the bottom tank / cross member and 1/8 inch steel shim on drivers side. Not sure what Steve's 60 has but he removed the steel shims on his when replacing the rad. Perhaps the rubber spacers are the modern form of our our asbestos / steel ones.
Norm

Just catching up on Forum stuff while my wife (I hope) gets better after an operation.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club