Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
kingpins ?

Hi, my name is phillip and I just bought a 1930 Druant 614 coupe from Lance Haynes. (Great guy)
I'm in the process of trying to replace the kingpins but don't know where to get replacements or what the specs are if i was to have a shop make them for me.

would anyone have any information that could help me out?
I'm straight out of high school and kind of lost in the restoration process so any help( photos of Restored interiors, and other things like that) would be Greatly appreciated.

thanks a lot.

-Phillip Butterfield

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614 Coupe

Re: kingpins ?

Phillip,

Welcome to the world of Durant Motor Cars . If your Coupe has the stock king pins then I recommend a fellow club member named Franz. His contact info is:

Vancouver Durant Star Car Connection
628 East 3rd Street
North Vancouver, B.C.
V7L1G7 CANADA

Phone: 1-604-831-6777
Fax: 1-604-990-6764
info@vancouverdurantstarcarconnection.ca

Franz made a set of king pins for my 29 Roadster and then Lance had them installed there in San Diego.

I know they interchange with other makes and maybe somebody else can answer that, but Franz does excellent work and you won't be disappointed.

Rick Botti

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Deluxe Sport Roadster Model 60

Re: kingpins ?

Thanks a lot for you help i'll have to talk to Lance and see if the kingpins are stock.

Thanks again.

-Phillip Butterfield

Photobucket

My Durant!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614 Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club