Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1923 Dort for sale

e-mail me

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dort

Re: 1923 Dort for sale

if this is the car i see advertised in old cars and such, i know dort is 'rare' but the $150,000 price tag should send all but museum owners running. am i wrong, or is this not a registered classic car list member.?????
no offense meant but it seems that everyone wants gold for our silver or bronze cars.....gary k

Do You own a car built by Durant? MODEL 70 COUPE AND 1930 6-14 SEDAN

Hey Gary he'll never get it even from a museum. Today they are scrambling to pay additional expenses with A/C costs etc going up and membership going down. If it wasn't for federal grants and other endowments most of them could not survive. I guess some people just hang a price out there and see if some fool is going to bite.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

mike, i agree...the economy has even pulled my teeth and i am not biting even my food as hard as i did.....

In my opinion, that kind of money for any kind of automobile simply points to an idiot buyer who's having trouble in the self esteem department.
But then, maybe I'm too narrow minded??

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star touring, 1927 Star M Coupe

OK

Someone offer $1,500.00 and see what happens

I emailed Mr Scott and he is asking $9000 for the car......where did you guys get $150,000??? Read the previous posts and see if you think they say "Welcome To The Club"

dave, the ad for a dort at $150,000 appeared in old cars magazine weekly two weeks back...i got the idea that there were not alot of dorts for sale...so they must be the same.....gary k

Gary,et all,
Referencing the Dort mix-up;

Certain cars like Locomobiles also don't appear too often in the listings, so that is an easy (but regrettable) mistake to make.

Locomobiles have a price range from Sub-$10,000 to over $200,000 (and way up) depending on the model, year, condition and owners desires. The Durant year models are on the lower side of the price range.

So not all of them, like the Dort's, are super expensive. An Honest mistake.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club