Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help Identify my car

We have what we believe is a 1931 Durant Sport Roadster. The car has 6 spoked wheels (2 spares), a rumble seat, and is a convertible. Can anyone give us clues as how to absolutely identify this vehicle? We have yet to find an identification tag.

Regards, John

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Durant Sport Roadster

Re: Help Identify my car

Hi John.....

A few pictures would be very helpful. You can use any of the picture sharing sites to post them here.

In 1930 the ID tag was nailed to the floor boards near the passanger side of the gear shift. Take a look under the floor mats. Also look at the fire wall on the passanger side. Earlier cars had the plate riveted to the firewall. You may see the 4 holes if your car was earlier.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Years ago we had a Durant model 612 rumble seat cupe The i.d. plate was on the bottom of the seat frame on the drivers side . hope this helps

is there an engine number plate on the engine side or a casting number with 22a or 14L or 15L...they all help to i.d.....

Do You own a car built by Durant? MODEL 70 COUPE AND 1930 6-14 SEDAN

Thanks for all of your input. I was hoping to put some pictures on this site but I am too inept to do so.

Regards,
John

Hopefully, soon I will have some pictures posted here. One of your members, has graciously volunteered to do so. Well actually two others also offered at a later time. I am hoping we will for sure be able to give an absolute identification for it.

I own a paint and body shop and would normally restore it myself. However, knowing that it will take quite an extensive amount of time to do so and also have several projects on the books; I have decided to list it on eBay. Hopefully, I csn get it listed in the next 2 or 3 days. When I have it listed I will provide you all with the Item number.

Again Thanks for all of your posts and emails,

Regards, John

I just listed my Durant on eBay. The Item number is 170230423865.

Regards, John

The Durant Motors Automobile Club