Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant 4 Sale on EBay

There is a 1922 Durant B-22 Touring car on EBay right now Item number: 180253204223.

The ID plate states that the car was manufactured in Indiana. I wasn't aware of factory in that state??

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant Deluxe Model 60 Sport Roadster

Re: Durant 4 Sale on EBay

Rick:
The B 22 Durants were all made in the Durant plant in Muncie, Indianna.
It was the old Sheridan/Princeton plant.

Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Rick:

This could be one of the cars that Rick J. in Orting, Wa. was talking about. Sheridan was the first car that Durant was cranking out at that plant! When he shifted over to producing the Durant, that engine was used at first.
Our local club, has one of the 2 known Sheridan's that exist. I believe it has that same engine.

This for sure is a rare Durant. Gary

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I realize now that I have known about the Indiana plant, I didn't connect Muncie with it. I've attached a picture of the factory. I guess my brain just misfired there for awhile.

Rick

Muncie, Indiana Durant Factory

Muncie Durant Plant Postcard

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant Deluxe Model 60 Sport Roadster

Hi Gary:

That is the third B 22 Touring that I know of. Ralph Balla of New Hampshire has a real good original that he is the second owner of. He brought it to one of our Durant gatherings in Ontario a few years ago. There is another touring about 100 miles from me. I have never seen it, but know of it.
I wonder how many were manufactured.

Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

The Durant Motors Automobile Club