Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Parts Cache found

Recently I picked-up my 26 Locomobile Jr-8 Sedan from it's Niagara Falls Can. shop location. A quick inventory revealed the following early 20's to mid 20's* parts cache. These parts are available for a very reasonable price:

*Early 20's Star Grille/Radiator,
*24? Flint Transmission,
*24? Flint Model 40? Drivers Handbook,
*24? Flint front bumper w/irons,
* Early 20's RUGBY Dealer's fold-out Poster with all Service and heavier Truck models shown (about 18" X 24" inches) Very neat.
*Early 20's Maxwell (early Chrysler) Touring center section w/ Doors.
*28? Locomobile 8-80 steering column complete
*Mason truck parts and rear axle (22" or 25"? big Wheels).
*Nash hubcaps
*Hudson Step plates (King Bee?).
*Hudson hubcaps
*Misc Fr and Rr Leaf Springs (Different lengths)
*Misc Fr and Rr axles, Fr's w/ Spindles & most w/Brakes & Drums. (different widths)
* Misc Fr and Rr wooden wheels & Rims (18" to 22" inch)
* Lots of Misc Starters, Generators, Carbs.
* Lots of STAR,DURANT, FLINT and some Rugby & Mason truck Magazine ADs.

These parts are all pretty clean and have been dry-stored for 20 plus years. I have all this as excess so let me know what you may need. As I inventory the "parts piles" I may be more specific on years, etc.

I'm going back there in a few weeks for another load so would be able to know more specifics then. Also open to "Meet-You" between there and Florida to deliver parts too. Lastly I will answer all your requests for information as I get it (but most listed parts still there).

Thanks for any interest.

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Re: Old Parts Cache found

I am in need of a front spring shackle. I don't need the brackets that mount on the frame. I do need to know the diameter and length of the tube that goes through the spring. I will buy 2 if needed to make sure they are the same length when installed. Please send me a phone number and the best time to call you.
Thanks,
Dave Jansen

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant 6-63 Deluxe

Re: Old Parts Cache found

Hi Lance:

Do you have any idea if there is a front axle for a 1930 - 31 Durant? I am within 1 1/2 hours of Niagara Falls and need front drums if they are good.
I would be pleased to meet you there if you let me know when you will be there.

Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

The Durant Motors Automobile Club