Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1931 Devaux

In the July issue of Hemmings Motor News, the car that was listed on EBAY is for sale. The "Custom Convertible Devaux" from Southern California. He is asking $5200. There is also a Locomobile for sale in Hemmings, but no price.

Re: 1931 Devaux

Wasn't this car the one with the butchered back end? Seemed to me I remember it being one with a 'boat tail' derriere......and how's the rest of the running gear?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DeVaux

You are correct - it is the yellow "alteration". The seller must be firm with his price, because if I remember correctly the bids on EBAY were over $4000.

Re: 1931 Devaux and Locomobile (?) for Sale in Hemmings

Dennis,
You mentioned a Locomobile you saw in the July Hemmings?

What year and model Loco is it, as well as price , contact info, etc.?

Can you post the information here for the club. We are starting to develop more interest in the Locomobiles's branch within the club. Thanks.

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Locomobile

Hi Lance,

The Locomobile for sale is a 1919 Sportif Model 48. No price listed. Contact number is 215-906-7001 or email j537mjs@aol.com

I LIVE NEXT TO 215 AREA CODE...610 IS THE OTHER HALF OF 215....GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? MODEL 70 COUPE AND 1930 6-14 SEDAN

Dennis,
Thanks for the Info on the 1919 Locomobile Model 48 Sportif, that is the upper end premimum model in a long wheelbase (145" WB) sporty 4Dr touring body style. They are listed by the Classic Car Club of America (CCCA) as atrue classic. I have seen these listed for $175K to $225K and on up from there. Very nice cars, but pricey.
Thanks Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club