Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts Needed for Star Projects

I have a parts wanted list made up for the club magazine but that's three months away. I would like to post it here in hopes some items may turn up before then.
Thanks in advance for anybody's assistance.

Needed for '27 Star M/R coupes
1- Pair of trunk hinges. (F model coupe may work also)
2- Trunk latch parts.
3- Overhead vent doors, 2 ea. (Used on all closed cars, M and R)
4- Windshield adjuster brackets, right and left. (Used on all closed cars, M and R)
5- Horn, mounts thru firewall. (All body styles, M and R)
6- Rear belt trim. Could use trim from sedan or coach and shorten to fit.
7- Formed sheet metal corner pieces that fit on upper rear of the top wood before covering is installed. Right and Left. (I really need these particular parts fairly soon).
8- Landau Irons, Right and Left, and top spacers.

Don Shilling, 3650 Shilling Rd.
Texarkana, Tex 75503
903-793-8304
903-277-7190
starman@texarkaam.org

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star touring, 1927 Star M Coupe

Re: Parts Needed for Star Projects

hi don can you post a picture of the windsheild parts you need i have 3 sets but i don,t know one from the other.i have a horn i,ll see if it works.
brian boys

Re: Parts Needed for Star Projects

Here's a pic of the windshield adjuster brackets. They are screwed into the wood side pillars a little above half way up . I need the right and left brackets but not the thumb screws. They may be marked with an R or a L on the back side.

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star touring, 1927 Star M Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club