Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brake Linings

My 1925 Star Model F touring is in need of new brake linings. Is there a way I can do it myself or does it need to be done in shop? If I can do it myself, where can I find information on the process? If not where can I get it done in the Riverside, CA area?
Thanks Chuck Faulkner

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Model F Touring

Re: Brake Linings

Hello Chuck,
It is not that hard to install new lining if you have that special stepted carbide
drill bit and the riveting tool that you need for the installation of the new lining.
The drill bit runs at around $ 80.00 and the rivet tool can be made up easily.
Good luck
Franz

Hi Chuck.....

Check out any of the Ford suppliers for an easy to use riveting tool. Easy to use and simple. MAC's part # X2018 , Less than a $50 bill

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star Cars and a Durant-Dort buggy

Franz & Frank
Thanks for the info. Next question what size and type of material do I use and where can I buy it? Also, what dose it cost to have it done in a shop?
Thanks
Chuck

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Model F Touring

The material that I use is 3/16 thick

I will be taking my brakes in tonight to get them relined, on a 25 Star Model F service bulletin S-35 says to use 1/4" linings and to leave about a 3" gap in the linings. It also shows how to add a brace. Has anyone done it this way and is this a good idea?

The Durant Motors Automobile Club