Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brakes

Somewhere in the past, and I haven't been able to find it again, I was reading about the brakes on the 25 Star. Something to the effect that when relining the brakes that the factory recommended not using a continuous pad but that using two pads with a gap in between would result in better braking. Does anyone know about this? I am getting ready to get my brakes done and any thought or suggestions would be appreciated. Also is there a source for brake drums? One of mine has significant grooves in it and would like to replace them. thanks

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star

Re: Brakes

Hi Eliot.....

That is shown in the service manual that I have I will find the bulletin and forward you a copy

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star Cars and a Durant-Dort buggy

Hi Eliot.....

I knew the info was here, go to the tech page area. Look under service bulletins, and click on S-35 that bulletin gives a diagram for the brace as well as a diagram showing the gap in the lining.

That should be what you are looking for....

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club