Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts for sale

I am cleaning out my shop and sheds and find all sorts of parts and pieces that one of you guys may be in need of .I am not looking for a lot of cash but would like to get the shipping costs back .
The list is quite long but this is it
2 front spindles
4 spring shackles (to arttach to spring axle) with the plates
headlight bar
4 spring shackles( to attach spring to frame hanger) (2 different sizes and types)
4 wheel backing plates
4 brake shoes in fair shape
aet of king pins-(used- I dont know how much wear on them)
steering parts from the steering wheel to the wheels {includes the steering column and the steering box and all the tie rods)
1 spicer U joint
complete rear axle (crown gear and pinion are badly worn )
front axle
2 wheel -seal and bearing covers
brackets to attach door post to sill
both front and rear springs--2 of each
Metal(tin) cladding for door posts and above door
4 wood spoke wheels--need to be rebuilt
2 doors --poor shape
dash panel some guages but not all
rear motor mounts ( fit in the frame pockets)
tie rod
gas tank cover (attaches to frame above gas tank)starter pedal ( rod is in good shape)
rear window inner frame
2 front windshield riser mechanism ( both need the pot metal gears replaced)
cowl (not in good shape-some nerd cut the windshield out )
frame (One cross member needs to be reformed)
Make me an offer --these part have to go or they go to the scrap iron dealer

Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant--deluxe rumble seat coupe-Model 614

Re: Parts for sale

What car are the parts for? I am collecting parts for a Star F, and need a steering column, or at least the shaft and the spark/throttle quadrants. Could use also a drive shaft and the kingpins. -Hal

1930 model 6 14 durant deluxe rumble seat coupe

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant--deluxe rumble seat coupe-Model 614

Seems like no interest in the parts , They are going to the scrap iron dealer in a week or 10 days unless some one wants them. I kave to make room for stuff I need .
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model deluxe rumble seat coupe

Ken,
I think we can get together on some of the parts. I need several for a 30 Durant 607/610 Special Deluxe Sedan I'm trying to put together. Probably the windshield parts and some others, like a wooden wheel metal rim(?), maybe some brake backing plates, U-joints, posibly some others, etc.?

Call me or I will call you over the weekend.
Thanks Lance C.

(850) 678-2687. Niceville Florida.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

I could be interested in the spring shackles (spring to frame). have the pins?

Wayne

Ken Iam intested in your parts would like a phone number or have you call 253-845-0269
Thanks Bob

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 407

Ken I'm interested in the rear motor mounts. Give me a price. Thanks Ross

Guess all the parts needed are not in my list.-soon time to get rid of them so if anyone is in need of any --let me know fast
Have got rid of motor mounts steering box and a spicer u joint.
Lots left yet.

Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant model 614 deluxe runble seat coupe

I am curious as to what the seal and bearing covers fit? Are the bearing covers the threaded type that attach to the hub to cover the spindle end?

Bearing and seal covers are the rectangular tin covers that go over the rear axle and bolt to the brake backing plates. I would say the purpose is just to keep the dust and dirt off the seals and bearings .
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant deluxe rumble seat coupe

Hi,Does the 30 durant have the double universal joint between the clutch and transmission like the 27 Star? If so I would be intersted.Thanks Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? Star single seat dirt track racer (in progress)

No, sorry . No U joint there. It has 2 u joints both on the driveshaft. One solidly attached to the shaft and to the rear axle and one slides on the splined end at tranny end
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant -Deuxe rumble seat coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club