Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts needed for Cont. W8 4 Cyl Engine & Trans

I just picked up that 1931 Durant, Cont. W8 4 Cyl Engine & Trans that was listed from Tampa. It is in nice shape but...

The Front Motor mount ends were torched off, as were the Clutch throw-out shaft and the shifter.

I need any or all of these parts for my 30 Durant 407/410 Special Deluxe sedan project. Please call or e-mail me.

Thanks Much, Lance C.
Work: (850) 882-3862, Home:(850) 678-2687.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Re: Parts needed for Cont. W8 4 Cyl Engine & Trans

Hello All,
Are all late 20's early 30's Continental 4/6 engines the Same? Still need a Front engine mount plate. Also still need a Clutch throw out shaft.

I found a Shifter this weekend from a 30 Chevy that looks very similar (or possibly that can be reworked to fit?)to the Durant transmission one.

Since April now a Club member, though not on the list yet. Looking forward to meeting everyone (faces to the names :<)) at the next meet if possible.
Thanks, Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Lance,
I have front engine mounts and chain cases for the Continental W5's. However, I'm not sure if they are the same as a W8.
Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Don Shilling

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star touring, 1927 Star M Coupe

Hi Lance, this is Lance.
Sad news here my friend. Nothing from any of our Star, Durant, or Flint engines will fit that W-8 Mason truck motor. The Mason truck W-8 engine was put in only the 30 & 31 Durant cars that wanted a 4 cylinder car. Thanks Henry Ford. Ha. Great motor cause it is beefier and very heavy duty inside. I had a extra W-8 that I dissembled for a club member down in Argentina with a 30 Durant touring and shipped him the block and everything inside the engine separate cause there government will not allow a complete engine to be shipped there.
I think Mike Larsen up in Vancouver Washington still has the engine front plate and the tranny from my left overs. He actually should have a 31 Durant 619 transmission as well that I had him haul out of here. The city of San Diego made me get rid of all my automobile parts and extra cars. So get a hold of Mike at 360-574-4882.
The transmissions and throw out assemblies are all the same for 30, 31,32 Durant, Frontenac, and DeVaux.
Hope this helps you.
Lance Haynes San Diego

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

The Durant Motors Automobile Club