Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trim Paint Details?

I'm at a point on our '27 M body construction that I'll start painting trim parts shortly.

My question is: Does the exterior body color carry over to the interior metalwork, (instrument board, steering column jacket, door window trim, arched panel over instrument board, etc), or, are these parts usually painted glossy black?
I'll be using a Persian Blue Urethane for the exterior paint.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star touring, 1927 Star M Coupe

Re: Trim Paint Details?

Hi Don,

Good seeing you and Butch down at Chichasha...I'm not sure at all how the '27 M is trimmed but I have had pretty good luck in the past by gathering up colored magazine ads, colored Broshures and the like....You might look in Ebay stores, there are a couple things that you may be interested in...Don, on finishing your Urethane, after you get it color sanded flat have you tried using a foam cutting pad with a one step compound and then going back over again with a foam finishing pad using the same compound? Just finished painting my current project and used this tecnique for the first time, also used NAPA Crossfire Urethane, was real happy with how it came out...Anyway, be interested in what tecnique you are using...More later, Bill

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club