Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Devaux

While looking on e-bay, I saw 1931 Devaux sedan . looks Good fyi

Re: Devaux

Hi Bert:

I sent that seller a note that he is not correct at "20". As you know, I have been tracking the DeVaux's for years after Mike Larson got me hooked!!
Just yesterday (on a sunny afternoon)I went for a drive and found (and photographed) the sixth one in Washington State. It was setting quietly on blocks where it has been for years. A beautiful site to see!! No rust to speak of and all the hub caps in good shape.
Gary

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I just matched this car to the one that was featured in Cars and Parts in 88. I think this car is a good one. Hope someone from the club gets it. Gary

What is the item number. Can't seem to find the listing up here in the frozen north.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

The EBAY item number is 110249957691.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Devaux Sports Sedan

The new owner has contacted me. He is up in Wisconsin. He told me he would like to join the club. I am sending him copies of a lot of DeVaux data including a copy of the 1988 "Cars and Parts" article. Gary

Sorry I haven't posted a note prior to now...I'm the new owner of the DeVaux that ran through eBay a few weeks ago...and Gary has been a font of information and has sent me stacks of articles and information relative to the DeVaux. We have the car home and are enjoying it, going for short rides when the weather co-operates. I am having one challenge...the ignition. The key that came with the car is obviously not the original, but I would guess the ignition lock is original....and sometimes it works but more often it doesn't...not very reassuring when you go to a cruise night and want to turn off the car to grab a burger. Anyone know anything about the ignition locks? I know from the owner's manual Gary sent me that Yale-Towne made the lock, but that's not much help to the locksmith.

From now on, I'll keep a closer eye on the Durant/Star/DeVaux chat area.

John Willoughby
Evansville, Wisconsin

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DeVaux

Gary - Do you have a copy of a Devaux owner's manual? I wandered if Devaux had made one.

Dennis: I will make you a copy of my copy of the DeVaux owners manual. I never had an original. Myrom sent me my copy some years back.
John: If you have the original key configuration you will find the coil directly behind the dash. In most cases, when that assembly gives out, the coil can be moved to the firewall and then just use a simple key assembly. Does anyone have any ideas or fixes for this problem?
Gary

My ignition is original, in that the coil is attached to the key and its tumbler housing directly behind the dashboard. It's kinda weird, in that sometimes the key works in the ignition, and other times it won't....tempermental, I guess. If anybody has a known 'fix', I'd sure appreciate hearing about it! Otherwise, the old DeVaux runs beautifully and is providing lots of rides around our rural area in Wisconsin.
JOHN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DeVaux

The Durant Motors Automobile Club