Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need trim parts

I am seeking the trim for the running boards on my 1930 Durant 6-14 sedan. Also I would like to find the door sill trim which has an embosed Durant shield in the center of each trim piece. If someone has good restorable parts or repros, give a holler....
KEITH N

Re: Need trim parts

Keith The running board trim was originally made of zinc. The front back and inner were the same in cross section. The outer piece slid over a inner piece to avoid having any screw holes showing from the outside. Years ago I had some repros made but the fabricator is retired. He said at the time that he zinc was hard to work(and hard to find). I actually had to source it in Seattle. Those sill plate trims need to be reproduced, as I doubt that anyone has a set that not been scuffed. Ross

There was a set of NORS sold on eBay a short time ago. Supposedly it was a set for a 614. Maybe it went to another member (Anonzzz).It said they were for a 29. Went for $140 something.
Wayne

RESTORATION SUPPLY IN CALIFORNIA HAS BRASS TRIM FOR THE RUNNING BOARDS THAT YOU CAN HAVE NICKLE PLATED. ITS IS NICE HEAVY MATERIAL, HOWEVER IT IS A LITTLE PRICEY

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 NSTAR TOURING

There is a company in Missouri that has many types of running board trim and they show trim for Durant for the years 1929 to 1932

L & L Antique Auto Trim
403 Spruce
P.O. Box 177
PIERCE CITY, MISSOURI 65723

(417) 476 - 2871

The information I have is several years old, but they did send out quite a few sheets of paper showing pictures of trim for many makes of cars.

Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Thanks everyone for your input. Gordon, I think that might be the ticket. Ross I have found that rear bumper if your still interested. It's rough but it is all there with brackets. Keith

Keith Yes I'm still interested in the rear bumper.We'll have to figure out how to get it to me, not sure when I'll be up your way. Ross

Hey Gord ... lots of hits on Google for that trim place but they don't seem to have an email addy. Guess your old sheets are still good.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Keith

I am Brad Landoll with L & L Antique Auto Trim you can call me at 417-465-2871 (weekends are the best time), email is blandoll@hotmail.com, for the rest of the week cell is 417-667-7010 (after 5:00 pm please) we are the one's referred to in the earlier string. I believe that we produce the trim you require.

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

The Durant Motors Automobile Club