Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I am started

To Bob Krause and anyone else that is interested: I am off to a good start. I have the engine at a machine shop to get bored out and new pistons. From there it will be shipped to another machine shop to get the rods and mains rebabbitted. They tell me it will take about 8 weeks. While I am waiting I will finish painting the frame, etc. It is now up on jack stands while I repack wheel bearings and get brake shoes relined. When I am finished with that I will start on the body while I am waiting on the engine. I will start at the cowl and work my way back, leaving plenty room in the front to put the engine back in place when it is ready. I have several people that are very interested in this project and are being helpful; My older brother Bob who has been his own mechanic in the milk hauling business for years. He now works for his sons part time doing the same thing. He calls me sometimes and asks me if he can come over and help me; my nephew Jerome who is my main mechanic for the engine in his spare time; Jerry Fauke of Fauke Enterprise, an independent garage, who told me I could borrow any tool he has and will give me a lot of tips to help me. This is very encouraging. I will keep you posted as work progresses.
Dave Jansen

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Durant 6-63

Re: I am started

Dave
Take plenty of pictures and let us see the progress. It encourages the rest of us.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Re: I am started

Congrads Dave on getting your project underway. Keep us posted and you know you can ask us anything.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant Deluxe Model 60 Sport Roadster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club