Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Throttle attachment at manifold

This is probably going to sound dumb. Before I drill the manifold on the block in the car, on the 30 - 33 D / F's with throttle cables, if the clamp attachment is bolted or if its a stud with nut on the manifold. I have a bump where the broken bolt / stud was, on the raised casting for it. Throttle is useless without cable being secured to the mainfold. I wasn't sure if the hole goes right through into the manifold if I drill and retap the threads. I'm saying I don't want to drill right through if that will cause problems.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Re: Throttle attachment at manifold

NORM
CHECK YOUR EMAIL I SENT YOU PICS OF MY 6-14 ENGINE...REGARDS, GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? MODEL 70 COUPE AND 1930 6-14 SEDAN

Re: Throttle attachment at manifold

Thanks Gary .. thats what I recall from the 60's on my old 30 614. Once I saw your pics it came back. Two more small bits I am missing, like the throttle stop also, on the throttle cable to stop the wire just pulling out again. Choke cable works because its fastened right at the carb bracket, as well. Forgot it gets double attached at the manifold.

Guess I just drill and hope I don't drill into the exhaust manifold. Yours shows it a bolt.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club