Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rear grease seals

I need rear grease seals for 29 Durant. I have a Napa part number #473237. It does not match the actual measurements I have. My measurments are:
O.D. 2.17+OR- I.D. 1.20
Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Dave Jansen

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Durant 6-63

Re: rear grease seals

Dave;
Try Olcar Bearing Co.
136 James Creek Rd.
Southern Pines, N.C. 28387

PH. 910- 693-3324 (George P. Bachled)

This is where I got my rear Felt seals.
He should be able to help
Ken

Where Are You From? duranta22@yahoo.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A22 Durant

Dave, The information is probably in the web site already, but if the 28 and 29 is the same, the modern style rear grease seal NAPA 17271 worked just fine for my 28 Durant. Not sure about 473237. That is a National part number. Fritz Kuenzel

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes- 1928 M-2 Durant

Dave, please take another look at your rear seals, the inner seal surface is not the axle but is the surface on the hub and you have to remove the cup from inside the nut, The national 473237 seal should work fine

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes a 1929 D 63

Dave, check both entries in the Durant Forum Tech Page for the modern rear axle seal replacements

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes a 1929 D 63

Thanks to all of you for your help, especially Dave W. I think I have the problem solved.
Dave J.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Durant 6-63

The Durant Motors Automobile Club