Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Curious... and a bit more fun

Colleagues: Just curious how many of us drive our antique Durant-made car on the streets once or more times a week. Would be interesting to compare having vs. using. Cordially, Ron

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

Re: Curious... and a bit more fun

An addendum.... I drive the Star around in about five local towns -- usually about three times a week. It runs very well when used often; starts right up and is most dependable. When traveling over 35 mph, it seems a bit unhappy.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

Hi fellows:
The 32 Frontenac is driven a lot. We have had the car for 40 years and in that time have put almost 60,000 miles on it.
Most every year on a week long tour with the ACCCC club touring southern Ontario. In 1981 to Dearborn, Michigan on the first Durant Family Registry tour. In 1986 to Milwaukee, Wisconsin pulling a small luggage trailer on the 2nd DFR tour, In 1994 to Freemont, Nebraska pulling a motorcycle trailer full of luggage. There were four people in the car and we did not have a backup vehicle. Would have driven to Auburn, Indianna last year but the car was at the upholsterer's.
These cars were meant to be driven.
The odometer has turned 100,000 miles and now shows 00044 miles. When I first started driving the car it showed 43,400 or so.

Gord.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Hello everyone.
For all you newer members that might not have known about my fascination and restoration of lots of these Durant, Star, & even Flint cars of ours and driving them all the time starting before my Durant club presidency. I also restored a number of our club members cars and had to test drive them a lot even on the freeways around San Diego. Please take a look at my wedding chauffeuring site at www.lancedurant.com and you will notice two cars my 29 Durant w/ original wood spoked wheels and a reworked 27 deluxe Star on the road all the time hauling passengers all over San Diego county even into Mexico and LA. The brides fight over the cream 29 Durant all the time. In 5 years and tons of miles & never towed in not once. My 27 Star is the oldest licensed chauffeuring car in the state of California. Even drove the 27 Star all the way to Los Angeles (actually Pasadena) for a afternoon wedding and back that night 7 hour event all on I- 5). Also drove the Star down past Rosarito Mexico up into the mountains to a Ranchero Ranch from a catholic church here in San Diego to there wedding reception. The drive trains have been altered for freeway use and 12 volt lighting. Lots of fun.
Later Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

The Durant Motors Automobile Club