Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can anyone identify this dash????

Can anyone identify this dash????

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614 Standard Sedan

Re: Can anyone identify this dash????

Mike,
Looks like a 30 Durant.

Yates

Sure .. Durant or Frontenac 31 - 32. 619 US or 31 - 32 614/ 618 Canadian and 31 - 32 Fronty. Silver Fronty, Gold Durant. Try to attach a pic of mine. Sure not 30 that resembles the rad crest elongated.
Most likely a 619 if its US. Not sure any of our Dominion cars left Canada.
Norm

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

I have a copy of a brochure dated June 1931 Model 614 (First Series) Model 612 and Model 619 that shows that dash layout. This brochure is from Durant Motors Inc, New York, NY and shows the other plants. Another interesting thing on this brochure:
Brake Horse Power 612-614 1st series 58HP
612 -(2nd series) - 619 71HP
Car serial number located on right side of dash under hood
Motor Number located on right side of cylinder block just below rear end of manifold
Both the 612 and 619 came with wire or wood wheels. The brochure gave the shipping weights for either type
What I have is a photocopy that I believe I got from Jeff Gillis many years ago.
Gord

Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

OK... Gary Goodlett showed me his dash, and a few pics of the dash in some 1930 standard sedans and told me it isn't a 1930. This was confusing to me because the lines across the top of the dash match the lines on the side of my car perfectly. So is the consensus '30 or '31?

Hi All........

Same as the dash in my 619. The 614 dashes I have seen have a completely different bezel, looking more like an elongated Durant crest.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Consensus is 31 and probaby a 619.

Oops Frank mine is a 32 614 and Stephans is a 31 614. Now you have seen our 614 (618) dashes. (and Frontys not to leave Gord out)

So you are saying Gord, the VIN is on the firewall on the US cars 612 / 619, not the toe board like the rest ?

So...maybe I have a 1931 619 with a 1930 614 hood. Or, a 1930 614 with a 1931 dash. Hmmm...

My taillight assembly and headlight bar are chrome if that says anything.

is that vin plate on the US driver side firewall in the engine bay or under dash?

Hi All....

The 619 data plate was moved back to the passanger side firewall inside the engine compartment.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Hi guys: I was just reading another brochure and it says that there are 3 different series of 614's I honestly believe that the first 614's had the squarer type dash , and the next two series had the wider more elongated dash like the 31 - 32 Durants and the Frontenacs. I think that you cannot say that one car is a 1930 and another a 1931. Some cars were introduced in October and others in May. It depended on when they were sold what year was written down on the (ownership - CDN) (title - US) However, I believe that only the first series of 614's had the spears on the hood. the later ones had louvers - they let out more heat. The brochures don't really have a date on them so can't go by that.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

My hood had the spears

For what its worth ... My "The New 6-14" sales book with all the models pictured and body construction etc has no date. Just Lithographed in Canada by Strathmore Press, Toronto. Its Durant Motors of Canada Limited, Toronto (Leaside) Canada. All cars have the V (spear) hoods.

Not to be out done I also picked up from Maine US on Ebay an owners "Instruction Manual 6-14" dated Jan 1930 with the elongated rad crest style dash we know, with square pulls and backings. I noted the pull backings in Mikes pic are round like the 31 / 32 not square the 30's has. Door handles also show the spears, no pics of hood etc. This manual shows Durant Motors Inc, Detroit Michigan but with Oakland, Lancing and Leaside plants info also shown below that.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club