Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need a head GASKET

I am looking for a head gasket to suit D 60 Tourer Must be 60 thous over NOT STANDARD. if any one has one or more please let me know price and frieght and maybe we can do a deal also looking for wire wheels to suit I have the hubs or does anyone know what other makes can fit

Do You own a car built by Durant? D60 Tourer

Re: I need a head GASKET

Terry:
There is a head gasket on eBay right now. Not sure which engine you have. if you have the correct gasket number, take a look at 320229799083 Has one more day to run.
Quite often there are Durant 6 cyl gaskets on eBay, but you must know the gasket number you need for cross reference.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Thank you Gord I have looked at that one and emailed the seller and it is not 60thou over It is a standard one I have got onto a guy over in New Zealand and he may be able to help me here's hoping. Durant parts are a little hard to get over here. I think we may need a visit to the state to have a look around and send back what ever we find.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Terry,

When last I spoke to Olson Gaskets, they told me that if they don't have it, they can make it.

Rick

Olson's Gaskets
3059 Opdal Rd E
Port Orchard, WA 98366
U. S. A.
(360) 871-1207
info@olsonsgaskets.com
http://www.olsonsgaskets.com/products.html

Hi Rick i have sent them an email with all the info and hopefully they can help thank you for your help regards terry

I didn't know that gaskets came in oversize. I can understand undersize to get more compression, but never heard of oversize.
What is the reason for a thicker gasket?
Gord

Gord,
I haven't heard of it either.....but I was thinking the .060 related to the bore not thickness. I don't think the pistons reach above the deck at TDC. Do they?

Dave

Dave:
No. The pistons either come almost to the deck or close to it. You can put pistons in that come just a little above the deck as there is some room in the combustion chamber, but you must measure closely. If you have shaved too much off the head, you reduce your measurement here.
I was under the impression that the 60 thou over was just the oversize diameter of the pistons, but you can always learn something new.
Gord

Correct me if I am wrong. This would be a 28-29 Durant model 60 with a 2 3/4 bore? Egge has a head gasket in stock, part number E614C. Normally the older NOS head gaskets were always made bigger to allow for an over bore of at least .060. The head gasket we have in stock measures 2.960 which is plenty big on the diameter.

Where Are You From? egge.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? I sell parts for these cars

Hi Jim,

The 14L engine in the 1929 model 60 had a 2 7/8” bore that produced 185 cubic inches. This was also true for the 15L motor. The 1926-28 14L engine had a smaller 2 ¾“ bore that made 165 cubic inches. 2.960 is should work fine.

Rick

Hi Everyone Well I think I have had some luck I have found a feoolw in New Zealand who makes hgaskets for almost anything he is sending me a nead gasket to try and if that fits and works we will be in action again these gaskets are made from a new material I am not sure what but am told they are the bees knees. They are not expensive at all I understand that thye will be brillant on the car and also have a warranty I will let you know what they are like when it arrives Anyone who needs any info email me and i will help in ant way I can Thank you for all your emails and best wishes Terry

The Durant Motors Automobile Club