Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan finally identified

All,
I saw my name in the beginning of an earlier thread on the 30 Durant Sidemounts, so decided to say Hello. The side-mounts (Dual) appeart to be original to my 30 Durant car. I'm still getting parts for my "Durant Project" to start it's restoration. Last year, when I received it, I asked you-all as to what model I have because of all the original deluxe-style items on it like the dual side-mounts, fender lamps, missing seat and trunk rack, etc. But it also had a louvered hood, probably a 4 cylinder, 30 dash & instruments, etc. so all of this did not make any sense. To further confuse, it appeared to be an original untouched car, but also had no data-tag (still looking for numbers)or ID and someone had added the wooden wheels. Well from other research and the Durant WEB; Special Interest Section's article " The New 4-07" it appears to be one of the rarer "correct" original Canada 407's or more probably a Califorina 610 Deluxe Sedan built in late 1930 by special order with these "Deluxe" parts and the Reclining Seat (i.e. "Reclining" seat added for 407 model after Sept 30, 1930, or Nov 1930 for the US Calif. built 410 model). I'm still researching it (checking parts numbers, build dates & locations, etc.), but that's part of the "restoration" fun. But the car does appear to be all "original" and not a put-together one. So probably it is a 1930 Calif built 610 Deluxe Sedan, unless I find evidence to make it a Canadian "Leaside" built 407 Deluxe Sedan. Looking forward to joinging the club now that I have the parts to finally start restoring my car correctly. Hope to meet you-all soon.
Sincerely Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant 407/410 Deluxe Sedan

Re: My 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan finally identified

Did you see the 4 cylinder engine and transmission for sale in Tampa in the earlier web forum listing?

Dav

hello, contact mike linthicum in fla...also a member

lance, i just bid on ebay for a 407 brochure...if i win it i will send you a copy....look on ebay under motors....and type in durant....it should show up and you can see the pics of it....regards, gary k

Dave, Gary,
Yes I saw the Durant 4 Cyl engine on the WEB and the owner has sent me pictures, hopefully we can make a deal that is good for both of us.

BTW the photos of John Neil's 1930 Durant 407 Deluxe from Stirling Ontario, Canada is a very correct representation of this unique Durant model 407/610 Deluxe.

Gary thanks for the brochure copy, will you need shipping money?

Thanks again, Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant 407/410 Deluxe Sedan

Lance:
That 407 Deluxe Sedan of John Neil's was formerly owned by Harvey Frid, of Belleville Ontario. Harvey was an early member of the Durant Family Registry and he was the one who first started making reproduction pieces for our cars, back in about 1977 or 1978 . He was making door handles, dash spears, Fender lights, hubcaps and any other small cast pieces that could be chromed. He also made for me a couple of carburetor pieces and also a set of wind wing mounts.
Harvey's car was a 407 and as such had a W8 engine in it. That would be the correct engine for your car.Harvey passed away in 1994 just before we had the meet in Freemont, Nebraska. A terrific loss to the club. Thank you for providing the documentation that you have listed. It will make a difference from which plant a car was manufactured the options that were included.
I believe I have a speedo that would fit your car and maybe a few other pieces, especially if they are the same as 614

Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

money is not an issue...i will let you know if i get the literature...it is in europe and must take a while to get here if i win and pay....gary

The Durant Motors Automobile Club