Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for photo of Durant "pickup"

Hifolks:
I was speaking with my mom (82 years old) and my aunt (73 years old) the other evening, and they were telling me about a Durant sedan that my grandfather, who lived in Carlton, Oregon, had cut down into a pickup. I should add that my aunt is the one who thinks it was cut down from a car, and my mom isn't sure, although she does remember them owning a Durant car when she was very small; did Durant actually make a pickup? I have no idea of the exact year; I would guess in the late 1920's. Does anyone have a photo that might be representative of what this would have looked like? Apparently none of our family has a picture of the vehicle. I have restored Model T's and Model A's for years, but never anything like a Durant. We would just like to see a picture. You can email me direct at
klauderback@comcast.net if you can help.
Thanks in advance,
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Re: Looking for photo of Durant "pickup"

Ken:
If you go to the Photographs section of this web page , under Durant, 1929, there is a photo of a pickup in Australia.
There are pickups in the club, but the members have not posted their pictures. Pity!

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Re: Looking for photo of Durant "pickup"

hi
i have a original brouchure for all durant and star trucks 1926 all sizes and body styles send me your adrees and i will send you copies including the coupe ,roadster conversion to pickup option.
brian boys

The Durant Motors Automobile Club