Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For sale 1931 Durant engine & transmission

I am selling a complete engine & transmission for a 1931 Durant automobile. 1) Engine tag says: Durant/W8 2-2147 made for Durant motors of Canada Leaside/Ontario Continental Motors Corp./ Detroit & Muskegon Mich. 2) On the top of the block is: WGA 003 3) 4 cylinder engine 4) Engine is free & also has the handcrank to turn it 5) Has fan on it/generator/starter/carbeurator/fuel pump/distributor cap/4 spark plugs & wires 6) I was told thi is a 200 cubic inch engine and is 50 horsepower and was used on a model 407 Durant 7) Engine was running fine when pulled from the car
PRICE - make an offer. Buyer will have the engine & trnasmission picked up within 6 months at my residence in Tampa, Fl. Engine & transmission are currently on a rolling furniture dolly. Gary W. Lawing (813) 932-5248
Please email for pictures and I will be more than happy to send them...

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Re: For sale 1931 Durant engine & transmission

Gary
Just a note of thanks for the 1931 Durant W8 engine and trans. It should be correct for my 30 Durant 407/610 Deluxe sedan.

Hopefully someone has a front Eng mount (W8;4 cylinder) or a shifter (for the trans) for this type 1930/ 1931 eng/trans?
Thanks again. Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant 407/410 Deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club