Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need a Few Star "M" Parts

I'm getting to the point that I'll be needing various parts. If anyone has a Star "M" closed car or coupe that they may be parting out, keep me in mind.
1- Instrument panel for a '26 or early '27 car that would be equipped with quadrant mounted spark and throttle levers and the amp and oil gauges mounted in the center of the panel.
2- Interior, overhead vent doors and regulating springs.
3- Windshield adjusting brackets that mount to the car body.
4- Floor cover that fits around the gear shift and brake lever.
5- Right and left sheet metal caps that fit to the rear corners of the body top before the vinal covering is installed. These items are probably used only on the Coupe.

Thanks for any assistance.
Don Shilling

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star Coupe

Re: Need a Few Star "M" Parts

Hi Don.
I sent Frank two of the overhead vent doors and two windshield arms and the stock mounting posts as well a few months ago along with about a ton of other parts.
Lance

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Thanks Lance!
Frank, Do you still have these goodies?

Don

hi don
i,m sure i have a floor cover plate,i,ll check tomorrow.i do have a set of engine to frame sheilds or dust covers for sale 27 6 cyl star coupe like new.be more precise as what dash part you need,i may have it also,

Thanks Brian,
What do I need to clarify on the dash parts?

Don

hy don what do you meen by qaudrant mounted advance and throttle cable i only know inside the column or outside the column.do you need the gauges or just the housing?
brian

Brian, The quadrant style is mounted on the outside of the column, on the right side. The later style is positioned at the steering wheel hub.
I only need the instrument panel without any instruments. I could also use the spark and throttle levers.

Thanks Mucho,
Don

hi don
i have the floor plate,and all the dash parts,the dash parts are for a 27 star 6 cyl with levers in the steering column coupe, i cannot see that they would differ, maybe a durant thing.
brian

hi don
why would the instriment panel differ with or without "quadrant" levers ???
brian

Brian, At least for the 4 cyl M closed cars,the instrument panels, (or dash board), have different designs of mount brackets for the steering columns. Primarily, the solid engine mount cars ('26 and early '27)used the side quadrant engine controls and a panel with the amp and oil gauges mounted in the center and positioned vertically with the speedometer mounted to the right of these instruments (separate instruments).

The rubber engine mount cars (late '27 and early '28) used the steering wheel hub engine controls and a panel with the amp and oil gauges mounted to the right and left of a center mounted speedometer.(Cluster instruments).
Also, there are different dash board designs for the open cars.
I need the dash panel for the early, solid engine mount closed car.

hi don
the dash i have is for a 6 cyl model r speedo in the center oil and amp vertical on each side,not the correct one i take it?

Hi All....

Here is a picture of the early dash Don is refering to. The center gauges are the oil & amp. To the right is the speedometer, the round light switch / ignition switch are on the left.

This is the early dash used with the spark & throttle levers mounted on a quadrent below the steering wheel.

Frank ---

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

You are correct, Brian. But I still could use the floor mounted cover.

Don

thanks frank
sorry don my gauge frame is not what you need . if you need the floor cover plate i will send.
brian

The Durant Motors Automobile Club