Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
oil filter

I haven,t taken the filter canister apart yet but does it take a cartridge and who,s got one. thanx

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 612

Re: oil filter

I see you have a 1931 - 612 Durant.
If you have an original type filter, they are the throw away type and can not be taken apart..However, you may have a replacement type that has an internal cartridge.
The original was a Fram PB 1/2 that is no longer available. To the best of my knowledge there are no manufacturers making this filter anymore. Your best bet is at a Flea Market, or I believe that Lance Haynes, our past Pres. still has a few of the originals left.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Re: oil filter

Your right Gord .. a lot of cars to the mid 50's used the throw away ones and none of the 15 ? different ones are available anywhere. Lance did get a case from Robarts / Roberts Auto Parts and returned them as junk. Afraid we have have to mount disposable filter type ones now. Krailinator on mine works great. Some US Co bought Krailinator and moved it to the US, but Google will find that Co. NAPA has the filters for mine in stock. I have one of the orig red Krailinators, now green.

Norm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club