Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Frank Witkowski

Hi Frank,
I am in the process of trying to bebuild the drive pinion shaft & bearings on my '27 coupe with split housing. I've gotten most of it apart, and the rear drive pinion bearing is a total loss. I plan to replace the front & rear bearings, as I can still make out the Timkin part numbers. My question is.....looking at your repair manual on page 65, figure 52A I find it very difficult to make out all of the different parts involved, and was wondering if perhaps you might have a larger, darker example. Kinda like the pic on figure 52. Also, do you have any parts available for sale ??? Any info you can give me is GREATLY APPRECIATED.
By the way all you East Coast guys.........our weather here on the West coast is getting better every day. wont be long before The WEST COAST meet in Oregon

Thanks, & have a GREAT one! Andrew

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes.... 1927 Star Coupe & what's left of a '24 Star touring

Re: Question for Frank Witkowski

Hi Andrew and all....

For bearings and seals for our cars, give George a call at Olcar Bearing Company. He is in Southern Pines North Carolina, phone number 910-693-3324.

Be sure to check out the modern improvements section of the Tech Page. Two good articles on replacing the old felt seals with modern neoprene ones.

See y'all in Astoria in 08.....

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

The Durant Motors Automobile Club