Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
283 Chev motor

Does anyone need a good chev motor from a 64 chev impala. I have had this one rebuilt to sell and the guy backed out. I would like to get my money back out of it .The machine work was done by a Erics engine machine (250)573 3403. and all parts came from Napa auto parts. It has:
New pistons( .3500 over)with rings
new camshaft and bearings
all new main and con rod bearings
Crank was turned at .0010 amd .0010
All new valves and lifters
new oil pump
heads are rebuilt

This motor is complete from valve covers to oil pan
I also have a water pump, starter, generator, 2 speed transmission, dash panel insert with all instruments including a clock.Lots of trim parts (door handles-tail lights sun visors.

My cost to rebuild was $1800.00 and I will throw in all the parts I have for the same car if anyone is in need of them.
maybe even trade for some good durant parts to fit my car??????

Any reasonable offer will be considered
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-Model 614 -deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: 283 Chev motor

Ken
I was looking over the sizes you list for the pistons and the bearings. Are those numbers correct? It looks like the decimal points could be a digit off.

Do You own a car built by Durant? (titled) 1929 D75 Durant

yes---should be .0035 kinda got a bit screwed up there
Ken

Ken: I think you must mean .010 (Ten thousandths) and .035 (35 thousandths) of an inch respectively.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Maybe I best go back to school. Need help with my decimal system . Sure messed all this up . I stand corrected.
.010 and .035 is right.
School is out for today.
Now- does anyone need this motor--it is an excellent motor and you wont build one for less. Be great in a hot rod if anyone is so inclined. Either I have to sell it or I will have to buy an old beater and put it in that. I dont need another car around here though.
Thanks guys
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model614 -deluxe rumble seat coupe

Ken..its all this metric / imperial stuff you are having problems with. We should have left metric in Europe or garbage.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club