Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What's In My Garage and a Question

I've had my high school cruiser, a 1950 Mercury Sport Sedan,in my garage for many years. My daughter wants to park it in front of her school theater for her play, "Bye Bye Birdee" so I'm getting off my duff and putting it back together. Currently, I'm bead blasting the engine and front part of the frame. Years ago I had the body off and everything sandblasted. Whoever painted it after that did a poor job as it peeled off and things got rusty. Here's a picture taken just before I started bead blasting.

Question: What should I put on the manifolds? They are perfectly clean. One candiadte is Stove Black. Another is the special manifold paint sold by Bill Hirsch. (A third is powder coating but I'm not about to spend that much.)

Thanks

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Re: What's In My Garage and a Question

I would go ahead and blast your manifold and then follow with high temp "Cast Blast" paint from www.quantaproducts.com.

Do You own a car built by Durant? (titled) 1929 D75 Durant

Or Cermakrome for exhaust coatings. Claimed to be used by majority of High Performance Manufacturers and Performance coating shops. Survives bending, flexing and impact.

Throw that one into the ring for you to look into in your area.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

I've used the high temp Stainless manifold paint from Bill Hirsch many times. The manifold on my '49 Dodge (painted 10 years ago)is still holding up nicely. This paint cures when you start the engine.

Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star Coupe

I have used the high temp paint from Eastwood and it works well also.
Gord.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

What a great website! Thanks to all for the responses. This is the best car club going.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club